Season 4 Ep 14

I made my way back into the Gilbert's house as Caroline joined me, with a sword that was to be a map to the cure. As I expected, Klaus saved her life. So, in a dark and twisted way I have to be thankful that he was in love with my girlfriend. But, deep down, I was thankful that the friend I was holding onto was still in there.

"You think a sword is going to help you with the cure?" Klaus smirked and shook his head.

I rolled my eyes, "You know, you could help if you wanted to."

"It's cryptex." Caroline smiled, "I watched the DaVinci Code! Thanks to the power of the internet and the pictures Elena sent us... all we have to do is Cryptex away!"

"Might I suggest Aramaic-to-English dictionary."

"What's Aramaic?" I questioned.

"A dead language..." Caroline sighed. "It hasn't been spoken since like Biblical times.

"If only you spoke Aramaic." Klaus smiled once again.

I rolled my eyes and plopped beside Caroline on the couch. We went over every symbol and every scripture that we could find. Each time we thought we had it, it was nothing but a dead end. I got frustrated and through the papers on the table and brushed my hands through my hair.

"Caroline, bring my sword to me." Klaus smirked.

I squinted my eyes, "What the hell are you doing?"

"You do not need to know my reasons, friend. All you need to know is that I have decided to be of assistance."

I clenched my jaw and halted Caroline. I didn't know his angle, so I took the sword to Klaus and did as he asked. To my surprise, he actually seemed as though he was helping. The more he discovered I was able to read his face. He helped us with the map.

"Call my sister, would you?" Klaus smiled, "She has a cure to find."

I couldn't help but return his smirk, and nodded for Caroline to get Rebekah on the phone. They bantered back and forth for a bit... per usual. However, Klaus decided to take matters into his own hands.

"Sister, there is something else about the cure you need to know. I hope you get it. As there is only one dose... so be quick!"

***

"Every time I think he can redeem himself..." I sighed, "He shows me why I shouldn't even try."

"So... Maybe stop trying?" Caroline teased, giving me a slight nudge, "Look, I know you have history with him. I know you think the best of him. But, maybe it's time to move on from all of that."

I bit the inside of my cheek and gave her a small nod, "And what if he doesn't let me move on?"

"What do you mean?"

I laughed sarcastically, "He's an Original, Caroline! I am powerless against him. He can hurt you, me, anyone... and there wouldn't be anything I could do. If he says I have to go with him or if I have to run, I would have to do it."

"Woah, just wait a minute! Don't get all doomsday on me, alright? I will talk to him. WE can talk to him, okay?" Caroline pleaded, turning to the door.

"Caroline." I sighed, holding her face in my hands, "I love you."

She placed a soft kiss onto my lips, holding onto my arms. I pulled her away from the door and went in on my own. Klaus looked at me with his usual smirk. I let out a breath as I stood in front of him, trying to think of the words to say to him.

"You continue to stand beside me, why?"

I shook my head, "I'm questioning that myself, Klaus. What do you get out of this? If Elena isn't human, you never get to have a hybrid again. If Rebekah becomes human, you lose a sister. What do you have to gain?"

"I've shown kindness, Karson. Mercy... even pity. You wonder why?" He began, taking a step out of the living room.

"Wait-how?" I questioned.

"I fear something awful has happened to your friend Bonnie."

"Did you plan this? You knew..." I sighed.

He shook his head, "No, I didn't. I had no intention of any of this. You wonder what I've made all these changes for. I did it for my friend... I did it for you."

I scoffed, "So, now what? You're free. You're gonna kill me? Or Caroline?"

"No." He stated, placing a hand on my shoulder, "I'm gonna walk away and hope that we have drinks another day."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I am sorry, I know I have been gone!!! Hoping to get back into this now, FOR SURE!!

I am also curious.... for those that use Discord here, how many would be interested in joining if I created a server for my Wattpad? It would be a place to notify you about updates, let me hear ideas from you, do polls... and just get together more?

Thoughts?