3x7

I was weak. I could tell I was being drained and starved. They were hoping it would make it easier for me to give in. And hell, maybe they will be right. All I know is that right now, I was enjoying the attention.

"Alright, I know you're on the other side of the door." I smirked, "Come on. Who is first on the fail train?"

Caroline sighed as she made her way in, "I know I am the last person you probably want to see right now but I have to try. I am going to KEEP trying."

"Wrong. I didn't really care who came through that door. I also know you aren't here alone. Who else is in the hallway? Stefan? Damon? Oh, wait, let me guess... tag team with Rebekah?" I laughed.

Another woman appeared, this one a Burnette.

"Elena?" I questioned. "My two least favorite people."

"You don't really feel that way, Karson." Elena scoffed.

"That's where you're wrong, Gilbert." I rolled my eyes, "This is EXACTLY how I feel but I always cared too much to hurt your precious feelings. Damon and Stefan have been fooled by you for so long, it's pretty pathetic really. Always fighting over the same girl."

"Not you though." Caroline interrupted with a smile, "You were different. You went for someone else... you went for me."

I sent her a glare, "Yeah, and then JUST when I thought you were worth it you ended up giving me every reason not to. Oh, by the way, where is Tyler right now anyway? Let me guess... he doesn't know you're here."

"Okay. You hate me. That's cool." Caroline nodded, pretending to be okay, "But, hold onto that. Let that build."

"Let it build?" I mocked, "There is nothing worth building with you. There never will be."

With that, Caroline bolted out of the room and I could hear her leave the house. Elena just gave me her typical look of disapproval, but I just kept smiling. They were trying, it was flattering. Stefan slowly made his way in, sharing a look with Elena.

I scoffed, "Okay, hearing you two love-birds together will only make me wanna die."

"Now, is that anyway to treat and old friend?" She smirked.

I was confused. "Lexi? How?"

"I don't really know, and I don't really care. We don't know how long this will last so it's time to get busy." She stated, turning to Stefan, "You remember?"

He nodded, "Oh, I remember. Elena, you should go. Help Bonnie finish the spell."

Elena listened and made her way elsewhere. Lexi turned her attention back to me and locked onto my eyes. I don't know how, but I started to feel hungry. Thirsty. I was craving whatever I could get my hands on. I started to choke as it felt like I was starting to dry out so I began to scramble and look around for anything at all to drink.

I began to panic more when I look at one of my arms as it appeared I really was drying out. I was dying. I was going to die of hunger. I looked back up to Stefan and Lexi again, but I chose to focus on Stefan. He has gone through this. He would help me.

"Stefan..." I sighed, trying to get him to cave, "Please. Help me... I can do better. I'll be better."

Lexi rolled her eyes, "Wow. He sounds just like you! You used to say this all of the time."

I grunted and slightly felt rage towards Lexi, "Get out of here! You should stay dead!"

"Oh, sweetheart. I still am dead." She smiled, "Stefan, you know what comes next, right?"

He sighed and grabbed a stake. He looked remorseful as he approached me, placing a firm hand on one of my shoulders. I tried to lock eyes with him again, but he would avoid my gaze.

"You're weak, Karson." He stated, shoving the stake into my gut, "This can stop. You know what you have to do and this will all stop."

I coughed and groaned as he removed the stake again only to drive it into another part of my body. I could feel myself getting weaker, but I tried even harder to resist the anger they were wanting me to feel.

"We don't have much time." Elena came and warned, "Bonnie has the necklace."

"Bonnie Bennett." I smiled, "Saving the day yet again."

Lexi nodded, finally leaning down towards me with tears in her eyes, "You're in there, baby Salvatore. You always have been. You always will be."

Before anymore words could be said, she was gone. No more Lexi. It was just myself and Stefan. I let a weak smirk grow on my face.

"What's it gonna be, Stef?" I laughed, "Gonna give up on baby brother yet?"

He knelt down in front of me with pleading eyes, "No. But, I am gonna leave you here. Alone. That way you can see how your life will be if you don't come back to us."