Season 2 Ep 13

"We're that desperate that we need Jon Gilbert?" Damon scoffed.

"I'm with Damon on this one, Stefan. He tried to barbeque us!" I agreed.

"I called Isobel and got Jon. It's the best we could do." Stefan shrugged, "It's better than nothing. He said he could help us. Elena is putting all of her faith into this deal! I mean do you trust Elijah? I don't!"

"So, Jon Gilbert is the answer?"

"He said he knew about the sacrifice." Stefan shrugged, "He knows how to keep her safe. But, he's not talking. At least, not to me."

"Top notch, Stefan!" Damon mocked, "As if I didn't have enough problems."

"Damon..." I sighed, "I'm sorry about Rose."

"Whatever. I knew her for 5 minutes."

"You cared about her." Stefan stated.

"It means I care, Stefan. I'm becoming better. So, be careful because I might have to just have to go get a hairdo of my own and steal your thunder!"

I rolled my eyes and pulled out my vibrating phone to show a message from Caroline.

"You're good to babysit him, right? I gotta go?" I teased.

Stefan let out a laugh and gave me the okay to go.

***

"Tyler knows about you, Stefan, and Damon. He knows that Mason is dead and how he died. I didn't say a word."

"It's Jules... Damon had a run in with him." I sighed, brushing my hands through my hair.

"Tyler was so... upset. The look on his face was SO betrayed. You won't tell Damon, right?"

"No, of course not... he already wants him dead. He wants ALL werewolves dead... at this rate I can't say I blame him."

"Are you crazy! We can't let that happen!"

"Caroline, I know! But, say he retaliates. He has every right to... What if he bites you? Or me? Is that a risk you're willing to take?" I shouted.

"We just have to reason with him, Karson! You need to talk to him."

"Oh, now you want my help." I scoffed.

"Yes, okay. You know what to say and how to say it." Caroline started, "Plus, me and him are just..."

"You and him are what, Caroline?" I said sternly.

"We're friends." Caroline sighed, taking steps towards me as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "I love you, Karson. In case you didn't hear me the first time. I just need my boyfriend's help."

I rolled my eyes but couldn't stop the smile that came across my face, "Only for you, Forbes. I'll talk to him."

***

The moment Tyler locked eyes with me he made a bolt for the door, luckily I was quicker and beat him to it.

"I'm not here to hurt you. I just wanna talk." I stated calmly.

"Then why break in?"

"We both know you wouldn't have let me in otherwise."

"Tyler!" His mother's voice broke through the air.

Tyler tried to make another run for it, but I stopped him and pinned him to the nearest wall. I showed my eyes and fangs, "Not a word."

We waited for his mother to leave and I released him from my grip. "I think we're getting off on the wrong foot here."