Season 4 Ep 3

"Joining a biker gang now?" I smirked, watching Stefan play with his new toy.

"I was thinking the same thing." Damon nodded.

Stefan sighed, "Things have been a little depressing lately, so I thought I should show her how to have some fun again."

"That is how it goes, right? If you can't do, you teach." Damon teased.

I rolled my eyes, "Hate to agree, Stef, but you aren't exactly the best one to remind someone about their fun side."

Stefan nodded, "Damon shared blood with Elena, so I get why him and I are fighting. But, why you?"

"Makes sense now." I nodded, taking a look at Damon, "My only issue is that you're putting so much of time and energy into this one girl. Isn't there a vampire hunter in town? Shouldn't we eliminate him?"

"Bingo!" Damon smiled, "He took some of Tyler's venom last night. So, I am going to find him and then eat him. Once he's dead, I will be gone before you know it."

"Wait... you can't leave." I scoffed.

Damon shrugged, "That was the deal, right brother? Whoever Elena doesn't choose has to leave?"

"You guys made a deal that involved one of you leaving?" I laughed, "You're letting some girl come between all of this progress we have made. We were actually working together for a change. You guys really had me fooled... I really thought we were becoming real brothers."

"We are." Stefan pushed, "Damon is just being dramatic."

"No. Being dramatic would involve leaving before the hunter is killed." Damon shrugged.

"Enough already! Whatever this was... it is clearly over as quick as it started. Once again a girl comes between the Salvatore's." I shook my head.

"You wouldn't choose Caroline?" Stefan pushed.

"I would now... because at least I know she would choose me, too." I stated.

"Tell her that." Stefan smirked, knowing he got the answer he wanted out of me, "Instead of hiding behind your emotions and taking them out on Elena, go tell Caroline how you feel."

***

"First day in Alaric's room..." I sighed, looking to Elena, "Are you alright?"

"First period and I am ready to ball my eyes out." 

"Party at my house everyone!" Rebekah smiled.

Elena let out a breath, "And just like that, I'm not feeling sentimental anymore."

"Elena, will you be joining the party? You're more than welcome to join and bury the hatchet."

"Rebekah, enough." I sighed.

"New house?" Elena pushed, "Did your brother finally kick you out?"

"No, I left."

"Why would you leave the only person that actually liked you?" Elena pushed more.

"Karson liked me once." Rebekah smirked.

I rose to my feet and took a hold of Rebekah's arm, "Okay, let's go."

"Where is our teacher at? Oh, that's right, I killed him."

Elena's face grew stern as she tried to calm her anger. However, being as this was her first dose of rage, she was unable to control it. She quickly whipped her pencil in Rebekah's direction, only for Rebekah to catch it and throw it back at her. The pencil struck Elena's left shoulder, and instantly started bleeding. Rebekah stood there with a smirk on her face. Stefan took a hold of Elena and rushed her out of the classroom.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I scoffed.

"Me? What about you? I thought you didn't care about Elena?"

"Even without Elena being involved, you keep messing with people that I care about. Does torturing Damon ring any bells?"

She rolled her eyes, "So, what? You chose a brother that would leave you to die for some girl over me? 

"Who I would or wouldn't choose no longer concerns you. In case you haven't noticed, there's a hunter here. How about for once just try to be civil around here... keep the peace?"

"Why should what I do concern you?"

I shook my head and put my hands up, "You're right. Never mind."

***

"Stefan you called?" I stated, only to stop in my tracks when I saw Caroline.

"I thought you two could talk?" He smiled

Caroline nodded, "Stefan said you had something important to tell me."

I laughed and nodded as I looked at the ground. Stefan gave me a pat on the back as he made his was out of the living room, so that Caroline and I were left alone. We sent small smiles to each other as we took a spot on the couch. She waited patiently for me to start.

"So, what did Stefan tell you exactly?" I laughed.

"Just that it was time I heard the truth... kind of had me in a panic!"

I nodded and bit on my lip, "I guess I have been looking over everything and replaying everything... and I just can't get you out of my head, Caroline."

"What are you trying to say?"

"What I am trying to say is that I don't wanna tip-toe with you anymore. I don't wanna pretend to be friends. In fact, I don't even want to be friends. If anything good came from Elena being a vampire, it's that I finally figured it all out."

"I'm sorry I am still lost." She let out a laugh.

"Caroline, it's that I don't question you anymore. It's that everything makes sense whenever you're involved, or around. It's that I would choose you over anything else if I had to. It's that I wanna be with you, Caroline."

A small smile grew onto her lips, "Your really wanna try again?"

I smiled and scooted closer to her, "We don't have to try. It's been there, hasn't it?"

"Of course." She smiled, and pushed her lips onto mine without hesitating.

We parted ways and quickly took the other into a hug. I was ready to be happy again. I was ready to know that no matter what came at us that we would have at least one person in our corner.

I was ready to be with Caroline.