3x4

"So, women nowadays look like prostitutes?" Rebekah scoffed.

"Pretty much, yeah. Some... it works for." I winked, "Others not so much."

"Careful, she might snap." Klaus warned.

"Oh I am counting on." I smiled.

She rolled her eyes and did a little spin, "Does this look good or not?"

I nodded and smiled as I took a drink of champagne, "It works for you. Anyway, I am gonna go run around outside a bit, maybe get into some trouble."

Klaus rolled his eyes and raised his glass to me as I made my way to the door. I took a breath as I made my way outside and smiling at who should be the next drink for a young man like myself. One woman in particular caught my eye, so I smiled as I made my where over to her.

"What are you doing?" She questioned.

"Oh, you mean Katherine doesn't know what I'm up to? Who says I am up to anything at all?" I smirked, watching more people.

"Oh my gosh... you turned it off, didn't you?"

"I did, and I am having a rather good time." I laughed, "Wanna see how bad I can be?"

She rolled her eyes and pushed me back, "Are you even paying attention? Do you know what they're looking for?"

"Some necklace," I shrugged, "Why should I care? I am just along for the ride!"

"Think... Rebekah was wearing a necklace when the two of you mean. Looks rather familiar to the one Stefan gave to Elena, doesn't it?"

"Oh, don't tell me you have a new obsession with Elena now too... I really don't get why they rushed and risked their lives for someone they knew for five seconds." I scoffed.

She let out a small laugh, "Someone is bitter. Either way, you should have a plan. To keep them out of Mystic Falls?"

I pursed my lips in thought, "I think if we go to Mystic Falls, then that's where we go. Thanks for being concerned though!"

***

"I thought you were resting?" I smiled, entering the bar.

"Seems we both have a secret." She smirked in return.

"So you DID see something. And what was it exactly?"

There were a group of girls. Girls that were speaking about you... care to share?" Gloria pushed.

"I just wanna know, why not tell Klaus? I thought you served him, or Rebekah, or whatever."

"I would never do anything to serve that freak of a hybrid," She scoffed, "Clearly you would. So, why withhold the information that you have?"

"I figured you would tell him eventually, so I thought the surprise would be bigger." I smiled.

"What is it that I'm going to tell them?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes, "Oh, what the hell. His hybrids aren't working because the doppelganger didn't actually die. So the ritual wasn't actually completed."

She nodded her head and gave me a small smirk, "So there it is."

"There it is." I smiled, raising my glass and drinking it.

Before anything else could be said, a sharp object impaled her neck and the body fell to the ground. I turned quickly to see her once again: Katherine. I scoffed and threw my glass to the side.

"Are you really that stupid to share that information?"

I laughed, "Why do you even care?"

"You remembered something about them. What was it."

"Alright, I'll play along. I like knowledge, Katherine. I am not a fool, I know Klaus will never fully open up to me. But I remembered... When they ran away from me... they were running from something. Why would an Original vampire who can't be killed be running from someone?"

"A hunter." Katherine nodded, "Whatever your plan is, I want in on it."

I rolled my eyes yet again, "I don't have a plan Katherine. Like I said, just along for the ride."

"Oh, right, the whole humanity thing." She scoffed.

I looked around the bar, seeing that Gloria's blood had started to pool around. I turned my attention back to Katherine, "You'll clean this up, right?"

***

I began snooping around the storage unit, admiring the coffins. I pursed my lips as I drug a single finger along one of them only for it to be coated with dust.

"You and your brother should really have a spring cleaning." I smirked, hearing Rebekah behind me.

"You'll have to forgive me, I have had a dagger in my chest all these years."

I nodded, "Why not un-dagger them?"

"Because Niklaus would then hunt me down and gut me, which is rather exhausting."

"Sounds like a lot of hatred." I stated.

"That's just as exhausting." She rolled her eyes, making her way in front of me, "You were different back then."

"How so?" I smirked.

"You had more emotion, more passion." She sighed, looking more into my eyes, "It's off... isn't it?"

"Oh, come on." I laughed, taking another step towards her, "Me without humanity is much more fun."

"Fun, maybe." She nodded, "But not nearly as appealing."

"That really is a shame." I replied, moving in so we could feel the other's breath on our faces.

She smiled, leaning in just as much as I was. Our lips grazed each other before she slammed me against the wall with her hands firmly on my chest, "We can try that again when your humanity comes back."

"What's going on here?" Klaus stated, observing from afar.

I smiled and let out a laugh, "Don't worry. You're still my favorite blonde."

He smiled, "Then I am about to become your favorite person in general."

"Why is that?"

"Because we're going back to Mystic Falls."