3x20

"So, Elena asked you to the dance? Does that mean nothing happened on the rescue Jeremy mission?" I asked, pouring myself a drink.

Stefan sighed, "I don't know what happened, Karson. I don't care what happened. I love Elena. So, yes, I am going to the dance."

"You can pretend not to care all you want, but we all know you do. Especially Damon." I smirked.

"And why does it matter to you?"

"Maybe because I was finally starting to see something good in him," I shrugged, "and I am not naïve enough to think it had nothing to do with Elena."

"Well." Damon sighed, entering the room, "We have enough good in the Salvatore blood line, don't you think? We could use a little bad."

Stefan shook his head, "Damon... I'm sorry."

Damon shrugged in return, "No worries, brother. Choose your corsage wisely."

"Are you going tonight?" Stefan asked, avoiding the subject.

"Oh, you mean to Caroline and Rebekah? Yeah, that obviously sounds like a GREAT idea, Stefan. Maybe one of them can be my date." I mocked.

Stefan gave me a look, "Or you could just go. Have a good time. See where things go and see who surprises you."

"You just want me to go incase things get awkward with you and Elena, don't you?" I smirked.

He nodded in defeat, "Yeah. Maybe a little."

"Alright then, I guess I am your side-date." I laughed.

***

"They're at the cemetery." I informed Tyler and Caroline, "We sent Matt and Jeremy to go check on Elena. To make sure things were okay."

"You sent them on a suicide mission?" Caroline scoffed.

I shrugged, "It isn't like we can rush to help them, Caroline! We are useless and unable to help all over again."

"Hey," She sighed and took a hold of my arm, "Don't do that. Don't beat yourself up because you can't help. You deserve better than that."

"I deserve more than the pitty from my ex girlfriend IN FRONT of her new boyfriend." I scoffed, pulling my arm away from her.

"I'm gonna give you two a chance to talk." Tyler stated, making his way out of the gym. Caroline and I were left alone.

"I don't know where all of this anger is coming from, Karson." Caroline sighed.

I clenched my jaw and shook my head, "I don't know either but I am tired of feeling it. I am tired of all of it."

"Wait." She snapped, clenching onto my face and making her lock onto her eyes, "Are you about to turn it off? I swear, if you turn it off again I will snap your neck over and over again."

I let out a laugh, "No, I am not turning anything off."

"Good." She smiled, causing me to smile back, "And for the record, Tyler and I aren't together."

"Klaus will be thrilled." I smirked, getting a nudge from her.

"He broke the sire bond. That's why he came back. He doesn't have to listen to Klaus anymore... he was hoping to get close enough to kill him. But now that we know if Klaus dies and Tyler dies, that plan is kind of cancelled." 

I nodded, "You know we're gonna do everything for that not to happen, right? As much as we want to stay alive, we aren't just gonna cut him out. Well, Damon might... but not the rest of us."

"I know. I trust you.." Caroline smiled, placing a gentle hand onto my arm.

"You can go now." Bonnie interrupted, "The boundary spell is lifted, but we should get there quick."

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's Alaric."

***

We all waited outside the tomb with lit candles. It was us accepting Alaric's decision to not complete his transaction. Even his nurse of a girlfriend came to join us. Finally, Elena and Alaric stepped out of the tomb as Alaric's eyes filled with tears. Elena took a place beside Stefan and I stood alone beside Damon. We all were here. Honoring yet another fallen friend.

Alaric nodded and headed back inside the tomb as Jeremy and Elena followed. I turned to Damon, he avoided my gaze.

"How are you holding up?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I offered to snap his neck but he refused. You would think for as many times that he has died, he wouldn't want it dragged out."

"You gave him the option though." I smirked, "That's a step."

"My choices have been questioned lately." He scoffed.

I shook my head, "Once the rest of us leave, I think you should stay. You're his best friend, Damon. He shouldn't drift off alone."

"That's what he wants."

"It's Alaric." I replied, making my way elsewhere, "Is that really what you think he wants?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hey guys :)

So, I am already going to try another competition just because I love interacting with all of you. This one is a bit bigger! But, entry is rather simple.

All you have to do, is make a prediction. Put a bit of thought into it so your comment is more than a few sentences. It can be in regards to Karson and his love affairs. It could be a plot you think will turn into. Anything you think is going to happen either in current episodes or by the end of the series.

This time, the prize is a bit sweeter. If yours is thought out enough to my liking, I will give one lucky winner and inside scoop on where I plan on going. The winner will get to pick one of the following:

1- Who wins Karson's heart at the very end

or

2- How Karson's story ends in general: does he find happiness, etc.

Let's play!(: