3x21

"Didn't you stay with him?" I scoffed.

"Don't blame me! Blame the blood bag." Damon replied, motioning to Bonnie.

"I don't even know how I got there. The witches got me there and had me feed him blood to turn him."

I nodded and made my way upstairs to check in on Elena, only to get a questioning look from her. She was trying to down play her emotions. I sighed, but before I could make say anything her phone rang and she froze. I snatched the phone from her and stared before I answered it on my own.

"If this is a prank, this isn't funny." I growled.

"Now, who else would be calling." The voice mocked.

I clenched my jaw, "Alaric?"

"Let's just cut to it, shall we? I have Caroline, and I will gladly kill her. In order to prevent that all you have to do is bring Elena. Come alone. If I hear more than two people, Caroline dies."

The phone call ended and Elena kept looking at me, waiting for me to tell her what had happened. I hated to say it, but I really just wanted to throw Elena over my shoulder and trade her for Caroline. But, none of this made any sense. He was created to kill the originals, so why the hell did he want Elena?

"What did they say?" She asked.

I slowly looked at her, "He has Caroline... if he gets you he says he wont kill her."

"So, take me there."

"You're sure?" I questioned, "We don't know what he has planned."

"We have to help Caroline."

I smirked and nodded, "Alright then."

***

Making our way through the halls, I could hear Caroline's crying. I took a firm hold of Elena and made us walk faster as we reached Alaric's classroom. We halted in the door as we found Caroline with a cloth in her mouth and pencils jammed into both of her hands.

"Let her go, Alaric." I warned, firm.

He gestured to Elena, "She can free her. Go ahead, release her yourself."

"Go, Elena." I nodded, locking eyes with Caroline, "Get her out of here."

Alaric smirk and pinned me against the wall, causing Elena to stop and watch. He held out the stake to Elena as I tried to fight my way free. There was something different about him, he was stronger. Maybe even stronger than the originals.

"Come on, Elena. You wanted to learn how to kill a vampire, right? Now is the perfect time to test all you have learned." Alaric spoke.

I shook my head and laughed, "What, not man enough to kill your own vampires?"

He snapped his face back to me and it grew stern. He sent the stake into my lower abdomen and I instantly fell to the ground. In my mind, I wanted to pull it out. Something was preventing me from doing so. It was like it was paralyzing me. All I could do now was watch as Alaric made his way back over to the girls. He had a cloth dipped in vervain, which he wrapped around Caroline's mouth as she began to cry out more.

I kept trying to move or to get up, but I couldn't. I just wanted Caroline out of here without caring what happened after. Even if that meant the stake made its way into my chest instead of my gut. Alaric made his way back over to me, removing the stake. To my surprise, that had hurt just as much as when he shoved it in.

He handed the stake to Elena and kept pushing her to kill Caroline. For a moment, it looked like Elena was going to do it. She kept watching Caroline. However, Elena quickly spun in an attempt to stake Alaric instead. While he was stopping the stake, Elena slammed the glass of vervain to his head. She acted fast as she removed the pencils and cloth from Caroline while Alaric screamed from the vervain soaking his skin.

"Come on." Caroline coughed, helping me to my feet.

"Elena lets go!" I shouted.

Alaric took a grip of Elena's arm, "You're not going anywhere."

"Get out of here. Go!" Elena shouted.

We both nodded as Caroline and I made it farther down the hall only to run into Klaus.

"Isn't this a lovely site." He mocked, "You two get home. Stay inside. We'll save Elena. Understand?"

Caroline nodded but I still felt weak, so I didn't respond loud enough. Klaus noticed and took a hold of my face and lifted it up so I would lock onto his eyes.

"Do you understand?" He repeated.

"He understands..." Caroline replied, making her own way down the hallway.

I stopped and turned to Klaus, "Thank you."

"We were friends after all, weren't we?" He replied, before disappearing down the hall.