1x15

"So, I'm curious." I started, taking a seat onto Elena's bed, "Why call me? Why not Stefan?"

"I just... I'm not sure. I just did."

I nodded, "Alright. So, Alaric's wife could be your mother?"

"It can't be, right? The coincidence is too far fetched. I have her best friend's address."

"Are you gonna go?"

"I don't know... but, if she's dead. That'll be another dead family member and I don't know if I could handle that."

"Did Jenna say anything more about her death?" I asked, looking over the address.

"Just that there was no body and it was a dead end."

I nodded again and locked eyes with her again, "I know you'd probably call Stefan, but if you go see this Trudie person, I could go with you. If you wanted."

"Thanks." She let out a sigh and wrapped her arms around my neck for a hug, "Thank you."

***

"Why are you dragging me here?" I pouted to Stefan as we made our way into the grill.

"Mostly, to keep an eye on Damon. But, I think there's someone else here you want to talk too." Stefan scolded, pointing to Caroline, "Go on. I'll be on Damon duty."

I took a breath and smiled as I joined Caroline, "Hey!"

"Do you want a ticket?" She teased, not looking at me.

"I don't really want a date with my brother, so no!" I laughed, "Everything okay?"

"You ditched me!" she snapped, "We were having a moment, I thought, but then you had a look on your face and ran off!"

"I'm sorry, I just... my brothers were just, I had to. I'm sorry." I sighed, reaching for her hand, "I'm here now!"

She pulled her hand away from mine and ignored me. I pursed my lips in thought and nodded.

"Okay." I stated, taking her hand and pulling her outside with me.

"What the hell are you doing?" She gasped, "You think a simple 'I'm sorry' and that cute smile is enough to make up for it?"

"No, but I have another way of apologizing too." I smiled.

Before she could get another word out, I pulled her face to mine and pushed my lips onto hers. They were warm and soft. I heard her holding her breath and her heart sped up. Our lips parted and the smile on her face kept growing.

She placed her hands around my neck, "You should keep apologizing."

I let out a laugh as she pulled my lips back onto hers, "I'll be sure to apologize more."