1x21

A/N:

Well, you lovely people wanted me to keep going!

So, here I am!!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We stood outside the grill, waiting for something to happen. If I was going to be honest, it was nerve racking. Even Damon was showing signs of emotion.

"We should be in there." Damon scoffed.

"Why? So you can kill her the moment you lay eyes on her?" I fought back. We had to be smart about this.

"No one is killing anyone." Ric ordered.

"Well no." Damon agreed, "At least, not in a crowed room!"

"Not ever. Period."

"She ruined your life and you're still trying to protect her?" Damon questioned. 

I agreed, "For once, Damon has a point."

"She's my wife." He shrugged, "WAS my wife... I believed I would see something human in her. Karson is still a good guy, hell Damon, you're a dick but I still see something human in you."

"And her?" I asked.

"There was nothing." He stated, "No guilt. Nothing."

Damon pursed his lips, "It's a switch that you can turn off. It's like a button. She took the easy way out."

"Have you done it?" Ric asked.

"Of course I have, Ric!" He smirked, "That's why I am so fun to be around."

"He's kidding, sort of." I shrugged, "Point is, we have all turned it off at some point.

***

Stefan, Damon, and I joined Elena with meeting her mother yet again. Isobel had some people with her, which might have frightened Elena if she was alone.

"Do you really think that I would have come alone?" Elena scoffed, turning to us.

Isobel went on about how Katherine enjoyed all three of us, just like she was doing now. We learned that Jeremy was safe at home now, and probably wasn't in any real danger to begin with.

"You risked it with Damon. Why?" Elena questioned.

Isobel smirked, "He's in love with you. Goodbye Elena."

"Awkward..." I sighed, looking between Stefan and Damon.

I picked a bad moment to stand between them.

***

"History will no be repeating itself, as far is Elena is concerned." Stefan warned.

"Sounding jealous, Stef." I sighed, "Only a little."

"Karson." Stefan warned, and turned back to Damon.

Damon smirked, "Careful, baby bro... Stefan has his serious face on! But, I consider Elena a friend. In fact, she's probably my ONLY friend. I'll leave it to you, the boyfriend, to tell her the news."

"Wait, what news?" I asked.

"You 2 really don't see it?" Damon scoffed, "Isobel?"

"Get to the point, Damon." Stefan rolled his eyes.

"Isobel dated Jon, gets pregnant at 15, then winds up where? At Jon's brother's house."

"So, you think Jon..." I thought out loud.

"Keep going!" Damon joked, "You're so close!"

"You think Jon is Elena's father?" Stefan finished.