1x02

"Eavesdropping now, are we?" I teased as I took a seat next to Stefan.

"That girl... the one Damon attacked... She muttered 'vampire' to her brother, Karson. We have to stay on top of whatever tracks that Damon leaves behind."

"So, what are we gonna do?"

He sighed and shook his head, "You stay here, keep Elena safe. I'll handle it."

I nodded as I watched Stefan leave, and turned to see Elena already looking at me. I gave her a smile and a wave, so I got one in return. She continued to walk as I kept an eye on her. Stefan wanted her safe, and I was going to do everything I could to pay him back.

***

"So, you and Stefan just talked?" Caroline scoffed in disbelief.

I had joined them for some food after school. "Okay, can we PLEASE not talk about my brother's sex life! Or any romantic qualities he might have!"

"Oh shush!" Caroline teased, "Come on, Elena. There has to be SOMETHING!? Sloppy first kiss, or some hand holding?"

"Again, still here!" I repeated, getting a nudge and a laugh out of Caroline.

"It's easy... boy likes girl, and girl likes boy... sex!" She smirked.

"You know what, you're right!" Elena agreed as she gathered her belongings.

"What!" Bonnie and I said in unison, and then shared a gaze.

"I don't want to talk myself out of this before anything even happens!" She replied, leaving.

I sat with my mouth open, "What!"

***

Stefan and I walked back into the Grill that night when Matt stood in front of us.

"She said you found her...so, thanks." He said to Stefan, and then giving me a nod.

We both smiled at him and joined the two girls at the table.

"Have either of you seen Elena?" Stefan asked.

"You did, in your dreams." I teased with a smirk and earned a glare from Bonnie.

"She went home," she started, "But, I'm going to give you her number and you can tell her that I sent you!"

Stefan smiled as he accepted the note from Bonnie, but when their hands grazed, Bonnie froze. I scrunched my eyebrows as Bonnie retreated her hand slowly, eyes locked onto Stefan.

"What happened to you?" She sighed, and then realized what she just said, "That's rude, I'm sorry."

Bonnie ran out, and Stefan left shortly after to go see Elena. Now, it was just Caroline and I.

"She does that." She shrugged, "It's kind of her thing."

"And what would your thing be?" I asked with a smile.

I heard her heartbeat quicken and saw her face blush, "I'm not sure."

I leaned closer to her and locked on to her eyes so the compulsion would catch, "You're going to ask me on a date the next time you think of me."

As I leaned back, a smile grew onto her face. Her eyes traveled along my body and I couldn't help but laugh. This wasn't part of the compulsion, she was doing this on her own.