1x11

"Uh oh, Stefan has his sad face on." I mocked, "Trouble in paradise?"

Without saying anything, he rose to his feet and made his way to his desk. He picked something up and handed it to me. It was a photo of Katherine, from 1864... which, Elena has never seen. She never knew, because he hadn't told her yet.

"Elena saw this and ran off." He sighed, "Now, she's with Damon somewhere. So, please, no jokes."

"So, Elena saw the picture..." I began, "Did you explain to her WHY we think this is happening? Well, that we think we know why?"

He shook his head, "She was gone before I got back. Maybe Bonnie can track her with some type of spell... Emily did it."

"Stef, I know you wanna talk to Elena... but, Bonnie is still new to this. She might not be ready."

"She has to try!" He shouted, "It's Elena."

***

I took a deep breath as I made my way to the door. This had to work, she had to help. I had to show myself before she turns me away. The door opened and I put a smile on my face.

"Can I help you?" she asked.

"Hi, I'm Karson... I'm a friend of Bonnie's." I reached out my hand and she took it. She saw.

"She's not here, and you know where she is."

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked confused.

"She needs to face her fear and I think you know EXACTLY why she's afraid. You know what I am, yet, you gave me your hand anyway to show that I could trust you."

I exhaled, "Can you?"

"I trust that you'll keep her safe." She nodded, "But, I won't be inviting you in. I hope you understand... you better be on your way now."

She gave me one last nod as she shut the door.

***

I finally made my way through the woods, only to find a massive hole in the middle. I listened and I could hear Bonnie below, and she was scared. I jumped in and reached for her. The moment my fingertips grazed her shoulders she let out a scream.

"Bonnie! Bonnie!" I shouted, taking a hold of her arms, "Relax, it's just me."

"The ground just gave out."

I nodded, "Okay, let's just get out of here! Creepy down here, isn't it?"

She rolled her eyes at me with a smile, "How?"

I smirked and wrapped my arms around her waist, "Close your eyes. Take a breath."

I heard her breath in, so that is when I jumped up and landed us above ground. I released my grip and turned to see her eyes were still closed.

I let out a laugh, "You can open your eyes!"

"How!" Bonnie asked in disbelief.

I shrugged, "I didn't want you to be afraid."

Her eyes locked onto mine and her face went stern, "I'm not afraid of you. But, I'm afraid of them."

"Them? What're you talking about?"

"I heard them down there, Karson. They're starving... if they get out, they'll be hungry."

"Bonnie, they won't get out." I sighed, "They won't get out."