Season 4 Ep 7

"As a founding family member, you are obligated to be here!" Caroline scoffed to Stefan on the phone.

"Elena and I broke up." Stefan sighed, "I'm not obligated to be anywhere."

"Is that a pitty party?" I laughed, taking Caroline's phones, "So, what. She's just a girl... Stefan."

"I wanna rip into someone's artery." He grunted. I could tell he was working out, "She said she has feelings for Damon."

My eyes went wide, "You didn't notice before or...?"

"Karson." Caroline scoffed and gave me a nudge, "As your sober sponsor, I won't let you do this."

"I have plans. You two have fun though!"

With that, he hung up. I bit my lip and let out a sigh. When I opened my eyes I saw Caroline glaring at me. It wasn't the 'Let's go make out' glare either. It was the 'you're being an ass' glare.

"What?" I questioned.

"Can't you be a little sensitive? He is your brother."

"Yes, I know. He's just spent so long being hung up on a girl. Whether it was Katherine or Elena, he never just does his own thing. At least Damon..."

"Spent how many years looking for Katherine." She snapped.

I nodded with a sigh, "Point taken."

"She always was the head of the show, wasn't she?" A voice immerged.

"Klaus." I smirked, "You just can't stay away from me, can you?"

"What can I say? I fancy you in a suit." He teased.

I shook my head, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to ask Caroline if I could join her tomorrow."

"Why would I go with you when I could go with Karson?" Caroline scoffed, taking a hold of my arm.

He let another smile grow on his face, "I thought he wouldn't mind? Maybe he had other plans?"

"I don't." I said sternly.

"Then I guess we will see tomorrow." He smirked.

***

"Want to participate in some brother bonding?" Damon smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "What now, Damon?"

"Shane. Isn't it funny how we learn about these hunters when he makes an appearance and all of a sudden he has all of the answers?"

"You think he has something to do with it?"

Damon scoffed, "I think he has EVERYTHING to do with it. Only one way to find out. Stefan is out, are you in?"

"So, you're only asking me because Stefan said no?"

"I'm asking you because you're my brother and I think you're the only one I can trust right now." Damon sighed, looking at me with sincerity in his eyes.

I let out a sigh and faintly heard Klaus' voice. I searched for him, only to find him and Caroline sitting on a bench... sharing a drink. She was laughing and smiling, a lot more than she had before. I was distracted when Damon gave me a nudge.

"So, are you with me?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm with you."

I followed behind him into the Lockwood Mansion. We were searching the rooms for Shane when we finally found him. He gave us a sigh and made a comment about being a mass murderer.

"We need a name." Damon warned.

"There is no name!" Shane informed, "We know that there are always 5 hunters in existence at once. None of them probably know who or what they are. So, there is no way to get a name. Finding one in a lifetime is next to impossible."

"You have five seconds to give me the name, or you're dead!" Damon smirked.

"Only a certain vampire would want to track down a hunter..." Shane finally got it, "You want the map and to follow where it leads. Well, you should know that even if you get there it is protected by a spell that only a certain kind of witch can cast."

I scoffed and took a firm grip onto his throat as I slammed him against a wall, "What kind of witch."

"Come on, figure it out." He gasped for air.

I gave him a questioning look. What witches were around here? More importantly, what witch is always believed to be powerful. What witch has he been working with this whole time...

"Bonnie." I growled.

"Not too many Bennett witches around here, are there? Without her being in touch with her magic, the map is useless. Who do you think between us that she would trust enough to get here there?" Shane sighed.

I squeezed harder for a moment only to let him go. He was right. Damon couldn't help her get magic back, and I sure as hell couldn't. I didn't knew the first thing about magic or how to help her rekindle it.

"You touch her, and I don't care about the map. If you hurt her, you will die." I warned.

He let out a breath, "The five seconds are over. So, you just learned that you need me alive."

I scoffed as I watched him walk out of the room. I shook my head and turned to Damon, and I could tell he was just as angry as I was. We hated it.

We hated that we needed him.