2x2

It was quiet for a moment, and rather calm as Damon poured us some drinks. He handed me one with one of his signature smirks as Stefan joined us.

"Would you care for one?" He offered.

"No, I just ate, thanks." Stefan smiled, giving me a look.

"Aren't you worried that all of the forest animals will band together and fight back? I'm sure they talk."

"Joke all you want, but I'm just happy that you're drinking blood bags instead of a random sorority girl." Stefan defended.

"Walking on eggshells, don't you think?" I scoffed, "He's Damon... he'll do what he wants whenever he wants to do it."

"Well, thank you, baby brother! You're free to join me." He smirked, turning back to Stefan, "I think the Lockwood's have a family secret. The Gilbert Device effected them, but the Vervain didn't... So, they're something other than Vampires."

"Is this gonna be your new obsession?" Stefan questioned.

"Better than Katherine." I mumbled.

"That's Stefan's problem now." Damon smirked, patting me on the shoulder, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go explode!"

I let out a sigh and turned to Stefan, who just shrugged and we made our way out.

***

"Coming off as a stalker kind of, aren't we Damon?" I scoffed as we observed the two Lockwoods.

"Just observing." Damon smirked.

"This is ridiculous." Stefan shook his head as he made his way to the table.

Stefan and Mason locked hands and held a steady, until finally, Mason overtook Stefan and won the match. 

"You didn't even put in any effort." Damon groaned.

"Yeah, actually, I did." Stefan admitted.

"Is he..." Damon started.

"No, it wasn't that kind of strength. But it was more than human... if that makes any sense." Stefan informed.

"If they aren't vampires then what the hell are they?"

"Oh!" I smiled, "Maybe they're ninja turtles? Or the new generation of Power Puff Girls?"

Stefan laughed as Damon's irritation became clear.

"Maybe even werewolves." Stefan joined.

I joined in on Stefan's laughter as Damon took our attention as he began to compel someone nearby to get into a fight with Tyler, and to not stop no matter what.

"This should be interesting." I sighed.

***

"Where's Blondie?" Damon asked.

"Damon, she's in the hospital. Why do you care?" I scoffed.

"No one told you?" He stated, "Your girl is one of us now. I gave her blood and Katherine turned her."

"Caroline's a vampire?"

"Yep." He replied, grabbing a state from one of the tents. "Not for long."

"Damon, you aren't doing this!" I shouted.

It was too late, he vamped off before he could even hear me. I stood there trying to hear or smell anything, and I finally did. I followed the smell of blood. Just as Damon was about to stake Caroline in the back, I was able to push him off. Stefan and Elena eventually joined, joining me in keeping her alive.

"This is NOT happening Damon." I warned.

I sighed and turned to see Caroline. Her face was covered in blood, and she was terrified. I made my way over to her and took her hand in mine.

"She's gonna die at some point!" Damon scoffed.

"Maybe." I replied," But it isn't gonna be today."

I pulled her behind me into the bathrooms, being sure to lock the door behind us. I worked fast as I got towels wet and began to wipe the blood from her mouth. She kept crying, repeating that Bonnie hates her and it was over.

"She's just in shock, okay? We all are."

"I'm a murderer!" She stated, pausing to look at herself in the mirror. "My face! Why does it keep doing this!"

"Look at me, Caroline. Okay? Look!" I stated, taking her face in my hands and showing my eyes, "When you feel the urge and hunger, you have to fight like hell. You breath and get past it. Okay? Try it. Just breath."

She did as I asked, and took long, deep breaths. Slowly, her eyes went back to normal and she wasn't panicking as much.

"Why did Katherine do this to me?" She sighed.

I shook my head, "I don't know. But I won't let anything happen to you."

She nodded as I placed a kiss onto her forehead and pulled her into my arms for a hug.