2x10

"This is pointless." I scoffed, "We know she won't tell us a damn thing without something in return for her."

"We have to try for Elena."

"Please." she mumbled, "Come on in. Plenty of room for all of us."

"I'd rather poke my eyes out." Damon mocked.

"But you have such pretty eyes." Katherine replied.

I rolled my eyes, "Can we cut the crap? Give us the moonstone."

"Get your little witch to hocus pocus me out of here."

"I thought you liked it in here?" Stefan pushed, "Safe from Klaus."

"I've had time to reconsider. I'm starving, and most of all, I am bored. At least running from Klaus wasn't boring. That's the deal. Get me out of here... you get the moonstone, and I will go far away. Either way, it's up to you. Let me know what you decide."

***

I caught the missed shot and gave him a smirk, "Lousy shot?"

"What do you want?" Tyler scoffed as I tossed the ball back to him, "Pissed that Caroline kicked you out the other night?"

"Funny," I laughed, "You do know that I am stronger than you until the full moon, right? I could rip you to shreds and you are trying to play tough right now? But, even though you disagree, I actually came to see how you were doing."

"Why do you care?"

"Look, it's a full moon tonight. Have you thought about it? The whole wolf thing? Do you know what you're gonna do?"

"I was just thinking the same thing!" Caroline smiled as she joined us.

"What, vampires don't have enough problems... wanna take on mine, too?"

"No, not all vampires. Just me." Caroline stated, giving me a look.

I pursed my lips and nodded, taking that as my queue to leave. I started to leave the two alone as Caroline followed after me.

"Why can't you leave him alone, Karson?"

"Caroline, no matter what you believe I was actually going to offer to help him. Maybe you're right. Even though he could kill us with one bite... MAYBE we can help him control it." I shrugged.

"Do you not trust me to help him?"

"I do. I just didn't know that meant you had to forget who I was in order to do it." I stated and stormed off.

***

"This was hers." Stefan sighed, handing a photo to Bonnie.

Bonnie began the spell, and I couldn't help but stare in amazement.

"What's this gonna do?" I asked.

"It'll turn the metal to ash." Bonnie replied sternly, "Blow the ash on her, it'll immobilize her. Long enough to get in, get the moon stone, and get out."

"No disrespect, but, incase something goes south... should we make a back up plan?" I asked.

"Easy." Damon smirked, "Just rip her heart out."

I rolled my eyes and let out a breath. Bonnie finished the spell and the rest of us began to finish loading things up.

"That didn't go unnoticed." I whispered, gesturing to my nose, "Are you sure this is gonna be okay?"

"Of course."

"Bonnie, you're sure you are strong enough for this? You could get hurt." I sighed, stopping her hands from continuing to move things.

"Everything will be fine. I promise." She smiled, making her way elsewhere.

"I'll pack this up." Jeremy stated, and I allowed him to do so.

***

"This kid is an idiot!" I scoffed.

"Just get us in there, Bonnie." Stefan sighed, making eye contact with me.

I shook my head at him as the torches grew stronger. I watched Bonnie closely as Jeremy kept screaming that she wasn't ready. That she wasn't strong enough. I let out a breath as I watched blood drop from her nose. I rushed to her side, trying to snap her out of it.

"Bonnie, stop. Stop!" I pleaded.

Eventually, she collapsed into my arms and I made sure she didn't fall to the ground. Her eyes re-adjusted to what was happening around her and she was back onto her feet.

"I can't..." She sighed, weak. "I can't do this. Not even with help. I can't open it."

"Then I guess I should finish my meal." Katherine showed her teeth, ready to bite into Jeremy again.

Before I could react, Stefan sped into the tomb and through Jeremy out. As Bonnie held onto him and rushed to the tomb's entrance.

"No!" Stefan shouted, "Karson, don't."

"Stef..." I sighed, not knowing what to do.

"Help Damon... keep Elaina safe. Figure out the stone."

I nodded, "We're gonna add getting you out of here to the list."

"I'm sure you will. You're too stubborn to ignore it."

I smiled and nodded, giving him one last look before helping Jeremy and Bonnie get out of the tomb.

***

I found myself at Caroline's doorstep. After Stefan storming into a tomb, and Jeremy almost being eaten... I just had to see her. To make sure she was okay. I missed her. I smiled as she came out and stood beside me.

"Hey! What're you doing here?"

"I just..." I sighed, "After the night I have had, I just needed to see you. I miss you, Caroline. I just wanted to see you."

She smiled, which I returned. I placed a gentle hand on her cheek and was ready to kiss her. My attention diverted to the door opening behind her.

"Hey." He nodded. Tyler.

I scrunched my eyebrows and looked between the two. Caroline avoided eye contact and Tyler just kept his eyes moving. Slowly, I figured out what was going on. I nodded, took small steps back, and left.

She's with Tyler.