Season 4 Ep 17

"You didn't have to stay and help clean up... Storm Elena." I sighed, throwing some empty cups into the trash.

"You're right, I didn't. But I am so you're going to have to deal with it... okay?" She teased with a wink.

I gave her a sly smirk and continued to clean what I could. We could rush to get this done in no time if we wanted to, but I think we wanted to take our time. Enjoying one another's company. Wasting a day to avoid the drama that existed out side of the house.

Instantly I was wanting to wash my mouth out with soap as Klaus entered with his signature smile. I rolled my eyes and threw the garbage down. He let out a laugh before making eyes at Caroline. I clenched my jaw and took a spot in between the two.

"What're you doing here?" I questioned.

"Careful Karson, you might hurt my feelings."

Caroline scoffed, "Shouldn't you be chasing Tyler? Matt left him the deed to the house. He is long gone. So, shouldn't you be trying to find him?"

I shook my head, "I repeat, what are you doing here, Klaus?"

"Actually," Stefan sighed, "I asked him to be here. It's about Silas. I think he might be in Mystic Falls and Klaus could help us."

"I hear you having missing blood problems? Perhaps it's closer to home." Klaus accused, pouring a drink.

"It isn't any of us and it wasn't Elena. Silas was asleep for so long he has to feed. He wants to die, but he can't with the other side. So, if he destroys it he can pass on but that also means that every supernatural being can join our side." Stefan informed.

"Every witch, werewolf, vampire." Caroline added.

I snatched the drink from Klaus and finished it off, "You probably killed most of them, Klaus. Do we have your attention now?"

"My interest is piqued."

"Bonnie said that 3 massacres are needed to do the spell. The house explosion was the first, followed by your lovely hybrid murder... so he is here to do the third one." I stated sternly.

"Which means we need to find him." Stefan nodded.

***

"What are we looking for?" Caroline asked as we entered into Shane's apartment.

"If Shane and Silas were working together... then Shane was probably helping him make his next move." Stefan informed.

"Which is what, exactly?" I scoffed, looking through old books, "Picking up dry cleaning?"

"Actually, us villains have minions to get our dry cleaning for us." Klaus teased.

"Why is he needed again?" Caroline questioned.

Stefan sighed, "If we need to go head-to-head with Silas... then an Original hybrid that can't die might come in handy."

"Besides," Klaus smiled, "Karson and I work well together! At least, we did in the twenties."

I rolled my eyes, "Was it that good if you made me forget it all? Or how about the time you wanted my emotions off."

"That's why you were more fun then! Speaking of, I am sure Damon is relishing in Elena's company right about now." 

"Damon knows what he's doing." Stefan warned.

"Does he?" Klaus pushed, "Don't underestimate the allure of darkness, friend. Even the purest of hearts are drawn to it."

As he finished his sentence, he sent a look to over to Caroline. I shook my head and looked back at the books in front of me. One in particular grabbed my attention. I pulled it out and felt Caroline's presence next to me.

"Expression triangles..." She whispered.

"It has the first two in here..." I sighed, pointed at the third, "Look at what's next."

"Oh no..."

"Excuse me, love birds." Klaus spoke, "Care to share with the class?"

I let out a breath and handed him the book, "The third ritual... she has to massacre witches."

***

"This is no place for a vampire" The witch warned.

I pleaded, "This isn't what you think it is. She's working with Silas! He got in her head... she's going to kill you."

The witch nodded and raised a knife, "If she is with Silas, then she is lost."

"No, wait." I stumbled and took extra steps towards her.

With the raise of a hand it felt like the inside of my head was on fire. Or that it was melting... exploding. I groaned out in pain and fell to my knees in pain. I felt the blood coming out of my ears. A pair of arms wrapped around me and pulled me back to the tree line.

"They're linked. Bonnie is gonna kill them." Stefan sighed.

"Not if the witches kill her first." Klaus added.

Caroline begged, "We have to help her."

I let out a breath as Bonnie's screaming echoed between the trees. We were watching her death. I saw the witch raise the knife higher, ready to drive it into Bonnie's chest. We weren't going to lose Bonnie. I vamped behind the witch, took the cold blade into my hand, and pushed it into her chest. I had to take an extra breath as I watched the witches bodies fall, one by one, while their flames went out. I swallowed hard and knelt down beside Bonnie, taking her face into my hands.

"Bonnie? Bonnie, can you hear me?" I stated.

Her eyes opened, completely white, "The triangle is complete."

***

I panted as I worked to cover the last grave. 12 graves. 12 witches. 12 witches that I killed. I threw the shovel down and felt anger filling inside of me. I had killed people before, plenty. Why was this one different? I took a deep breath in and sat on a log, burying my face into my hands.

"Hey you." Caroline spoke softly, "Bonnie's okay... sort of."

I nodded, "Good. That's good."

"She doesn't remember getting off the island... she doesn't remember Jeremy."

"So, she's reliving that loss while I just gave Silas the last thing he needs." I scoffed.

"No one is blaming you, Karson. You saved Bonnie!"

"I killed 12 witches, Caroline! People. We all know Bonnie would have rather had 1 witch die last night instead of 12."

Caroline shook her head, "I think you're forgetting that Bonnie went there to kill them herself."

"We both know that wasn't Bonnie."

"You don't mean that..."

I sighed and brushed my fingers through my hair, "12 witches shouldn't have died last night."

Caroline took steps away from me, "Do you hear yourself right now? You're kind of sounding like Klaus."

"I killed 12 people last night." I shook my head, feeling a burning in my eyes.

She let out a breath and took me into her arms. No more words were spoken. The only exchange we were having was her hugging me tightly and closely. I could feel my shaky breathing and my body not wanting to let out all of the emotions that were coursing through me. Only one thought ran through my mind.

"Silas has everything he needs."