Season 4 Ep 22

"So, they send out invites and wait for people to come out and give you money for graduating?" Rebekah scoffed.

I nodded, "Yeah... pretty much."

"And you're not participating because?"

"Most of my family is dead and the other half is ALSO graduating. Plus, I'm old what does it matter?" I sighed, pushing the invites aside.

Rebekah pursed her lips, "I reckon you're not here to avoid sending these invites out, are you?"

I bit the inside of my cheek, "It's Caroline. And Klaus. Has he ever said anything? Or am I creating this whole thing in my head?"

"Jealous boyfriend, cute." She let out a laugh and turned to face me, "I won't lie to you, Karson. I do think Nik has his sights set on Caroline. And to be quite honest I think Caroline likes the attention. I think they have one another smitten."

"Do you think it's wrong to think that maybe she and I are meant to be nothing more than friends?"

I could hear her hold her breath, "I think that whatever it is you're feeling is valid. I also think that talking to an ex-girlfriend might not be the best solution."

I clenched my jaw when Caroline and Elena entered the Grille. We were keeping Elena "distracted" for the day but I could tell it wasn't working. The hatred for Katherine was burning inside her. I can't say I blame her. I'd kill Katherine too if I was able.

Elena went straight for the dartboard, letting her anger out that way. Rebekah made her way to Elena while Caroline took a spot beside me. Not many words were exchanged when gusts of wind were coming from outside. It was as though we were in the middle of a hurricane with how strong the winds were and how gloomy the sky was. It wasn't long before the power went out within the nearby areas.

"Where the hell is this coming from?" Matt questioned, heading outside.

We were barely able to open the door with how strong the wind was outside. A cop car sped by, and I could hear Caroline inside calling her mom for updates.

"You're thinking something." Matt noticed, "What is it?"

"I think Bonnie is doing something she shouldn't be doing..." I let out a breath. "We need to find her."

"The school." Caroline interrupted, "The center of the expression trial is the school."

***

I could hear the screaming. It was Bonnie and she was in pain. I finally met up with her at the same time that Stefan and Caroline did. I knelt down quickly and tried to focus her thoughts on me.

"Bonnie." I spoke, "Bonnie, you're okay!"

"It's Katherine!" She shouted, "Her and I are linked! Find her!"

"I got it." Stefan stated, rushing away.

After some time, Bonnie stopped screaming and calmed down.

"What were you trying to do?"

"I wanted to talk to Qetsyia."

Caroline let out a laugh, "You'll be waiting awhile."

I rose to my feet, "Caroline?"

She smiled and placed her hands on my face. After a swift motion, everything went dark.

***

I made my way back into the grille and took a solo seat at a table.

"There you are." Caroline smiled, joining me, "We're celebrating!"

"Celebrating what, exactly?"

"Silas is gone! Why, what's up with you?"

I leaned forward and extended one of my hands, which she returned by giving me hers. I was quiet as I rotated her hands gently to examine her wrists, which were now healed. Slowly, I used my free hand to rub her wrists as though I could heal her more just by touching her.

"Are you okay?" I asked, finally meeting her eyes.

She collected my hands into hers and gave them a squeeze, "I am. And so are you. That's all I want."

I leaned over the table and placed a soft kiss on her lips, just at the exact moment the power inside the grille came back on. I couldn't help but laugh.

"What?" Caroling chuckled.

I smiled, "I guess we have some strong electricity between us."

"Shut up." She rolled her eyes and pulled me in for another kiss.