2x1

"How's she doing?" I asked Matt as Bonnie and I joined.

"She's doing great, actually. She's healing really fast." Matt answered.

Bonnie sighed, "You were here all night? Alone?"

Matt nodded, "Tyler feels bad, but with everything with his dad going on I have been giving him updates. No one came, except Damon stopped by late at night."

"Damon?" I questioned, looking to Bonnie.

She suddenly looked tense and avoided my gaze. It didn't take long for me to pick up on what happened.

"Is she awake? Can we see her?" I asked.

Matt nodded and opened the door to reveal a smiling and perky Caroline.

"Jersey Shore is on!" She smiled, taking Bonnie into a hug.

"I am so happy you're okay." Bonnie smiled.

"Me too." I smiled, getting a motion from her to get closer.

She pulled my lips to hers, and already I knew something was different. As a vampire, even a simple touch is amplified.

"Whew." She sighed, "How you still take my breath away I'll never understand."

I laughed and turned back to Bonnie, again she avoided my gaze. Instantly,  the thought of Damon being here came to my mind. He fed her blood, and she somehow died. She was transitioning.

***

I was asked to meet Damon and Stefan at the Lockwood's. When I finally found them, Stefan had been stabbed. Katherine was back. Instead of watching them fight over Elena, I went to search for her. She didn't make it hard.

"Aw, Karson, you searched for me." She teased, finally showing herself.

"Only to kill you." I hissed, clenching my jaw.

"Careful, you wouldn't want to hurt my feelings."

I shook my head, "Don't play with me, Katherine. I'm not like Damon or Stefan. I never loved you or missed you."

"Maybe not," She pouted, "But you used to play! I guess I can find a new play thing... maybe Caroline?"

I showed my fangs and charged at her, only for her to pin me to the ground and her on top of me.

"Don't hurt my feelings again, Karson. I wouldn't want you or anyone else to get hurt." She smirked.

I smirked back, flipping her over to where I was on top and my hand squeezing her throat, "Screw you, Katherine. If you touch Caroline, or anyone else I care about... I will kill you."

Katherine bent my arm to the point that it broke and managed to push my off. She began to walk away, but turned back to have the last word.

"Game on."