3x13

"You looked surprised to see me," Elijah stated, wiping his hands, "I take it that it wasn't you who removed the dagger."

Klaus sent me a glare, "You think I did this? This has Damon written all over it."

"I see you're still around." Elijah added, turning to me, "Whatever it is that he has promised you, you can forget it. He will not give it to you. He betrayed me, his own brother. What do you think he will do to you? A useless vampire?"

"With all do respect, I don't think I am the one you should be fighting with. I didn't lock you in a coffin." I shrugged as we both turned to Klaus.

"You're right." He smirked, charging at Klaus.

The began throwing each other around and bickering. I was just glad to be on the spectating end of things instead of the receiving end. Finally, Klaus got the upper hand and was ready to stake Elijah once and for all, but he hesitated.

"Do it." Elijah warned, "I dare you. You'll have Kol to deal with."

"Michael is dead." I shrugged, getting both of them to turn their attention to me.

"What? How?" Elijah spoke as he shocked and pleaded for answers.

"I killed him." Klaus nodded.

"Then why haven't you removed these daggers? We could walk freely without having to worry or be on the run?"

Klaus nodded in my direction, "Because Stefan Salvatore is holding onto something that is preventing me in doing so. I will tell you everything, Elijah. But I need you to stand beside me. Be my brother. Help me make our family whole again."

"And what about him? The Salvatore." Elijah asked, they now both looked at me.

Klaus smirked, "He fancies our sister. If he wishes to see her and have our approval, he'll help us."

"Is that so?" Elijah smiled, making his way over to me, "You care for Rebekah."

I gulped hard and nodded, "What is it you exactly need form me?"

"Promise your loyalty. Your brotherhood. Do that, and you can meet all of Rebekah's family." Klaus smiled, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"He won't do it." Elijah answered, "He wouldn't betray his family."

"You've been asleep for quite some time, brother." Klaus replied.

I sighed, "What do you need me to do?"

***

"Isn't this nice?" Klaus smirked, "A nice meal among the 5 of us."

"Is this what you planned, Damon? When you removed my dagger?" Elijah also smiled.

"Well, I knew how he felt about you. So... I thought the more the merrier!" 

"We had our differences of course, like all siblings. But we have managed to get over them and come together." Klaus smiled.

"And Rebekah?" Stefan blurted out, gesturing to me, "Where is she, by the way? She's not with Karson and not at this table with us. Last I checked she was still daggered because of how she fills about you." 

"If you are referring to Rebekah knowing that I killed our mother, you can relax. I have already come clean to Elijah. Karson, on the other hand, is here on his free will. He knows what he's doing it and why he is doing it." Klaus smirked, clinging his glass onto mine.

I shrugged, "Stefan, remember when you killed dad?"

"Hate to admit it, but baby brother has a point. Maybe think twice before passing judgment." Damon agreed.

"We're here to make a deal, not kiss his ass." Stefan rolled his eyes.

I let out a sigh and felt my phone going off. As though on queue, I had gotten a message from Elena as the table began to discuss Elena and the other Doppelgangers. Elena pleaded with her messages, telling me it was urgent. That whatever I was doing needed to be put on hold for a night. That the tension between Caroline and I needed to be set aside. 

I cleared my throat, "You will have to excuse me. I have somewhere else I need to be."

"Leaving so soon?" Klaus questioned, "We haven't had desert yet."

"Unfortunately, I have a more important matter instead of this weird... and odd dinner."

***

"Hey." I sighed, making my way up to them slowly.

"Thanks for coming." Elena softly smiled, "She's in her room."

I nodded and took a breath before entering the house. I was trying to think of what to say, but no words came to mind. I was at a loss. What do you say to a girl whos father is going to die? Or, in this case, already dead. Finally, I made my way into the doorway and her sad eyes instantly locked onto mine. I didn't say anything, I took a seat next to her. 

"You came." She spoke softly.

"Of course I did." I replied.

Again, the room fell silent. She let her head fall onto my shoulder as she was probably too tired or weak to stay up. I could hear her sniffling and battling the tears. I felt her hand reach and squeeze onto my arm. I felt my own eyes starting to burn as I took hold of her hand with mine.

"Why did you come?"

"I guess I still felt like I needed to..." I sighed, meeting her eyes again, "I don't know what to say, Caroline. I've been through this and I don't know what to say to help you through this."

"You're here." She shrugged, "That's enough for right now."

I nodded and my eyes landed on the tall man. It was her father. He gave me a look that told me he was wanting to be alone with his daughter. I gave Caroline one last look and a nod before I left. Her father stopped me before I made my way out of the house.

"You'll protect her, right?" He asked.

I let out a small laugh, "You've met her, right? She doesn't need me to protect her."