1x09

"Hey!" Caroline smiled.

"Hey to you!" I replied, joining her as we walked to class.

"So, what does that mean?"

"I'm sorry?"

"You slept in my bed, and there was cuddling! But, I woke up and you were long gone!"

"Caroline, your mother is the SHERIFF!" I laughed, "I left so she wouldn't shoot the both of us."

Caroline pursed her lips in an attempt to hide her smile, but failed. We shared a gaze and I let a devilish smirk grow onto my face.

"Now, if you want another round of that cuddling you seem to remember very well," I teased, leaning close to her ear, "You have my number."

I gave her a wink and a smile as I made my way to class. Before I made it, I looked out the window to see Damon tormenting Bonnie. I got there as quickly as I could, without using my vampire abilities. I ripped him back and pinned him against the car.

"What did I tell you?" I threatened.

"You are definitely more like me." He smirked, straightening his jacket when I released him, "Bonnie is scared and I am simply trying to be helpful."

"You? Helpful? The only skill you bring is death..."

"Karson, it's okay." Bonnie admitted, getting into the car.

I watched her drive off, making sure Damon didn't chase her.

"Look at you, being the hero like Stefan. BUT, using my tactics to do so... it's poetic really." Damon mocked.

I clenched my jaw, holding in my anger, "What are you doing with Bonnie?"

"She has my crystal. I want it back."

"Why is this crystal so important to you?" I questioned.

"If I told you, then the surprise would be over with!"

***

I made my way into the window, and to be honest, it was not one of my finer moments! My face meant the floor, which caused Caroline to jump.

"You're window was open, thought I would stop by." I smirked.

"Did you come here to mock me?"

"No, actually, I came here to talk about last night." I sighed, "It was nice, Caroline... but, it kinda freaked me out."

"Great. So you DID come to mock me. If you aren't into me just say so!" Caroline scoffed as she locked the window.

"No, that's not what I'm saying! I know what it's like to be alone..."

"Alone? You have two brothers..."

"Two brothers that pay more attention to girls or killing the other..." I admitted, looking down, "Not to mention that whenever I go for a girl, she falls for one of them."

"Well, in every girl's defense... you all are gorgeous." Caroline smiled, getting a nod out of me, "Sorry."

"Damon is just... Damon! You know how he is." I started, "And Stefan is just..."

"Let me guess, Stefan?"

I nodded and let a smile grow onto my face. We locked eyes and shared a laugh, only to lock eyes once more. She made a face and left for a moment, returning with a bunch of junk food and drinks.

"I'd like another round now." she smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

So, we are almost at 500 reads!

I am so happy that the reading number goes up EVERY time I look at it!

Thank you all!

As always, let me know your ships/ideas/suggestions!