Season 4 Ep 5

"How the hell did Connor even get out? I thought your hybrids were supposed to be better than this?" I scoffed.

"The hunter removed his head. Meaning his is taking the werewolf venom. What does that tell you?"

I sighed, "He is staying in Mystic Falls. Why don't I tell Damon? Or, Stefan as least. He would actually care enough about this stupid cure."

"Don't you want to try and find it for your sweetheart?" Klaus attempted to mock.

"Jokes on you, Klaus. She wouldn't want it."

"How can you be sure?"

I paused, "Unlike you, she actually tolerates me. If she ever did take the cure it would be to get away from you!"

"Very well. None the less, the more people that know about this cure then the more people that will search for it. If that is the way you want to go, then I will be more than happy to throw this sword into the lake and call it a day." Klaus threatened.

I laughed, "You wouldn't do that. You do that, you will never have more hybrids. So, lets hear your next threat? Oh, wait, you don't have anything else. Klaus, if this is what you actually want then you need to use people that actually WANT Elena to be human again. Me, on the other hand, will protect my brothers and Caroline."

He chose not to answer me. In case, he ended the call and I just smirked as Stefan joined me. He sent me a look. I poured him a drink and handed it to him, having him take a seat next to me. I had to tell him. He would be the one to find a way to do this right.

"I'm about to make your day, brother." I smiled.

***

I joined Stefan and Damon in the woods while we searched for Elena. Damon now knew about the cure. The only downfall was that Elena had killed Connor. Without a hunter, there was no map to the cure. There was no more hope.

"Elena." Stefan sighed.

"I have to bury him."  Elena cried.

She then went on a long tantrum about how Stefan was supposed to protect Jeremy. Stefan was supposed to be the one she could trust. I could tell the tension was growing, and she had no idea what we were all trying to do. What EVERYONE was trying to do for HER.

"Elena, it's more complicated than that." I stated, hoping she would calm down.

"No, Karson, it really isn't. You were right. I can't handle this. I can't be a vampire. I HATE everything about being a vampire. And now, he's dead." She shouted, looking at Connor's body before crying more, "I killed him. I'm a killer now."

"We'll finish this." Damon replied, turning to Stefan, "Take her home. Get her cleaned up. Karson and I will handle the body."

Stefan agreed and finally got Elena to follow him. Damon and I were left alone to take care of Connor. I began shoveling, picking up where Elena left off. It was silent for a moment, but Damon finally broke the air.

"I don't have to ask this, but what's your take on all of this?" He pushed. "Without Caroline's influence of course."

I sighed, "I think there is a cure out there, but I think we are wasting our time trying to find it. Especially now that our map to it is no longer in the picture. Elena was human, and now she's not. Instead of avoiding it, you all need to learn to accept the way she is and learn to deal with it."

"Couldn't agree with you more, brother." He smirked.

"So, why not back me up instead of being against me?" I scoffed.

He let out a sigh, "Because Stefan wants to change her. He doesn't think this is her world."

I shrugged, "It is now. He loved her as a human... can he really not love her as a vampire?"

"I'll take her either way." He smiled.