3x16

"Dear Diary," Damon sighed in an attempt to mock Stefan, "A squirrel asked me my name today. I told him it was Joe. That lie will haunt me."

I rolled my eyes, "What is it you need today, Damon?"

"I agree. What do you want." Stefan said sternly.

"Oh, come on! I can't come and try to have some bonding time with my brothers?"

"Because when you ask for us to bond it always has another reason. Some plan behind it. You don't actually care about the bonding. So... I ask again, what do you need?" I scoffed.

He smirked as he looked over Stefan's journals, "Maybe I want some help solving a murder. What other time period did Mystic Falls have a serial killer on their hands?"

"1912. "Stefan answered, quickly, "Why?"

"Because, once again, founders are being murdered. I wanna know why. Don't you?" Damon pushed.

Stefan rolled his eyes and headed elsewhere. I turned my attention back to Damon. There had to be more to his intentions. Another reason why he wanted to keep us around, or why he needed us around.

"What are you trying to do? Stefan doesn't care enough to push for answers. Me, on the other hand, am the annoying little brother. What is it you really need help with?" I smirked and leaned against the door frame.

"Stefan is what I need help with, okay?" Damon scoffed, "He isn't feeding. He is trying to quit cold turkey and we both know it will only lead to something worse. He needs to feed. We can teach him to control it, without someone dying."

I squinted my brows at him, "You really want to help him? Nothing hidden in your sleeve?"

"I let him walk away, Karson. I watched him go over the edge. I watched the ripper come alive and I didn't do anything to stop him! He needs to learn how to stop and I can show him... WE can show him. We can be there to pull him back." Damon admitted.

I smiled, "Why are you so set on helping us and connecting this time?"

He sighed and locked onto my eyes, "Because right now... you two are all I've got."

"Alright then," I nodded, "Let's go prevent another ripper birth."

***

The three of us walked into the grill, and a certain blonde caught my eye. I let a smile grow onto my face as I sent a wink her way. A smirk formed on her lips as her eyes traveled up and down my body. The moment we reached the bar, Damon already had a bottle for us. We both noticed that Stefan was freaking out. If we had to compare it to anything, it was like going through withdraw. He repeatedly tapped his ring on the table, chair, or a glass; whatever was around him.

"You're doing it again." Damon scoffed.

"Okay. Well, I need some air. I have to get out of here." Stefan replied, throwing on his jacket.

"Wait," Damon stated, gripping onto his arm, "What's the rush?"

"Maybe because I want to eat the entire wait staff and then move on to the next bar. You already know that, why do you need me to say it." Stefan growled.

Damon let a smirk grow onto his face, "Just had to be sure."

"We just got here." I shrugged, finishing my drink, "But I guess these drinks aren't exactly filling the spot... right, Stef?"

We all made our way out of the Grill and began to feel concern as Stefan detoured down an alley way. I made eye contact with Damon as he saw a young woman making her way behind Stefan. I wasn't sure what Damon had in mind, but I just followed his lead.

"I don't mean to be so upfront, but you are just so pretty." Damon smiled, and then locking onto her eyes for the compulsion to hold, "Don't scream, you're about to have a bad night."

With that, Damon stuck his teeth into her neck and he was being rather messy with it. I realized why once Stefan sped over and threw him off... but I was there to catch her. I finally figured out Damon's plan. If Stefan saw the both of us doing it, the likelihood of him doing it was greater.

I smirked, "Well, thanks Stef. Don't mind if I do." I chose to drink from the other side, only I was a more clean than Damon.

"Why are you doing this?" Stefan pleaded, fighting the urges to take a drink himself.

"Because you have to feed, Stefan. You just have to learn to stop." Damon spoke sternly, "Go ahead... take a drink."

"Better hurry Stefan." Rebekah appeared, "If you don't, I might have my own drink."

I let a small grin grow on my face, "She definitely WONT stop if she takes a drink."

"What's it gonna be, Stef?" Damon asked again, "You drink, and I can heal her then erase. Or, Rebekah here finishes her off."

Rebekah shrugged as she thought Stefan was taking too long and made her way to the young woman in my arms. She gave me a smile before showing her teeth and leaning into bite down. Stefan was quick enough to push her off and take hold of the woman. He was fighting, it was obvious. Finally, he gave in and began to have his own drink.

"Stefan?" Elena scoffed, in disbelief.

"Oh, great." I rolled my eyes.