Season 2 Ep 21

"It's a stage to break the curse. First the werewolf and then the vampire." Elijah informed.

"And then Elena." Stefan confirmed.

"The doppelganger is the final step breaking the curse. However, Klaus will be weak during the ritual. That is where Bonnie comes in."

My phone rang before anymore words could be spoken.

"Damon, where the hell did you go?' I scoffed.

"Just listen to me, brother. You and Stefan won't like what I am about to say. The sacrifice is happening tonight. Right now."

"But we saved Caroline and Tyler... he can't do this without them." I questioned.

"He had backups... Jules is the werewolf he is using."

I clenched my jaw, "And the vampire?"

"Karson, he took Jenna. He's turning her into a vampire and using her during the ritual."

My eyes went wide and I turned to Alaric and Stefan, "Oh my god... how?"

"He used Katherine to get Jenna out. Klaus took her right away..."

I sighed as I hung up the call. I knew Stefan could hear what Damon said, but Alaric couldn't. We all exchanged looks.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Ric asked, now in a panic.

"We have to get Bonnie..." I stated.

***

"Why Jenna?" Bonnie scoffed.

"He was supposed to use Caroline and Tyler..." I started, "But, Damon and I rescued them."

"Okay, so we go now. I kill Klaus before he sacrifices Jenna."

"Bonnie, that power will kill you." I clenched my jaw, "It isn't an option."

"We're offering him another vampire. One that he will want more." Stefan added.

"Wait, what? Who are we going to give him?" I scoffed, not knowing about this.

"We're going to give him me."

"Stefan, what the hell? No way! That's just like letting Bonnie die! That isn't an option!"

"You're very honorable." Elijah spoke.

I felt rage within me, "Yeah, and are you? Willing to let numerous people die... but we are doing this all based on your word. Can we actually trust you?"

"He's right." Stefan agreed, "Are you as honorable as you claim to be? I have tried to kill a brother numerous times... I was never able to do it. How can we expect you to kill Klaus?"

"I had numerous siblings. All of which he has taken from me and made it impossible for me to get them back. You have your siblings. I want mine." Elijah said stern.

Stefan nodded, accepting that answer. Getting ready to head towards the ritual. I scrunched my eyebrows and took a hold onto his arm.

"Stefan..." I sighed, not knowing what to say.

"It's okay, Karson. We have to. We brought this life to them... now we have to try and fix it and make it easier." He smiled.

I shook my head, "So why you? Why not me or Damon?"

He gripped onto my head, "It's okay. You have done enough protecting... it's time to pay you back. Take care of Damon."

I felt as though I was frozen as I watched him make his way into the woods. I must have been standing there for awhile, because before I knew it the rest of them were telling us it was time to go. Bonnie lit the area with fire, causing Klaus to scream out in pain. Damon took out the witch and I rushed to Stefan.

"Not today, brother." I smirked, removing the stake from his back.

Damon carried Elena over here, and Stefan immediately went to her aid. We watched from afar as Elijah pushed his hand into Klaus' chest. We were waiting for him to rip out his heart, but Klaus started speaking about their family. That he would show Elijah where they were, and that they were safe.

"Don't listen to him." Stefan pleaded.

Elijah looked back to us, and then back to his brother. He wasn't going to kill him. He couldn't risk the chance of Klaus being truthful. He had to try.

"I'm so sorry." Elijah sighed, picking up Klaus and running away.

Klaus was alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all, thank you all SO much for being kind with things I can work on.  I really appreciate everyone being so kind with their words. 

I am going to give it a bit more time before I decide who "wins" and gets to create a character or idea of their own.

If you have already commented, but now have thought of something to add, feel free to do so!! Just reply to the comment you have already left and add to is.

I will most likely announce the winner when I upload the final part of season 2.

:)