Season 2 Ep 16

"Good morning!" Elena smiled, buttoning her jacket.

I exchanged looks with Damon, and I was highly confused. I became even more confused when Damon lunged at Elena and pinning her to the wall. I reacted fast and ripped him off of her.

"Damon, what the hell?" I scoffed.

"She's a lying bitch!" Damon fought back.

"What's going on here?" Stefan asked.

"That's what I would like to know." Elena asked.

"So would I!" I shouted, turning to Damon, "What the hell was that about?"

"Yes, Damon." Another voice broke the air, Elena? "Please tell us what is going on!"

"Katherine?" I asked shocked.

"Good! You're pretty and smart." Katherine smirked.

"Okay, so, I may have failed to mention a minor detail." Damon stuttered, trying to think of what to say.

Katherine rolled her eyes, "I wouldn't call being naked in your bathroom a minor detail."

"Will someone PLEASE leave out the graphics and explain why the hell she isn't in the tomb!" I yelled.

"Okay!" Damon broke, "When Elijah was killed, it lifted the compulsion. So, she's out."

I shook my head as I grabbed my belongings, "Nope."

"What are you doing?" Stefan questioned.

"I am going to school! This... their your girlfriend... girlfriends? I don't know! But, I'm leaving it to you!" I put my hands up and made my way out the door.

***

"Have you heard from Tyler at all? Matt said he's been leaving voicemails but no reply." I asked, taking a hold of Caroline's hand.

"He talked to Matt?"

"Yeah, I guess Matt thinks he came to the Grill the other to say goodbye without actually saying goodbye."

"Did he say anything else?" She pushed.

I brushed a hand through my hair, "No, Caroline, that's all. Why? Is there something else you wanted to be said? Am I missing something?"

"No...no! I just... I don't know I guess nothing."

"Look, I'm not blind. I know there may have been something more than friendship between you and Tyler. If you miss him, that's fine. That's cool. But, be honest. Don't lie about it." I finally spoke, stopping to lean against the lockers.

"What are you saying right now?"

"I guess what I am saying is... if you're confused, even the slightest, then we need to pump the breaks. I don't want someone who is confused, Caroline. I want someone who is sure. So... I guess..." I sighed, letting go of her hand, "I guess until you're sure we need to stop."

"Karson... I love you." Caroline cried.

I nodded, "I'm sure you do... just not the way I want you to love me."

***

"Someone's moping." Katherine mocked, taking my drink from my hand. "Aren't you under aged?"

I rolled my eyes and ripped it back from her, drinking the rest, "I'm dead. Who cares."

"Dang, she got ya good, huh?"

I clenched my jaw, gripped her neck, and slammed her against the wall, "I would not play games right now, Katherine."

"Did she ever tell you how hot you are when you're angry?" She smirked, "You know, there's an easy way over this."

"What're you talking about?" I growled.

She inched her way closer to me and I could feel her breath on my face, "Let it go, Karson."

I shook my head, "I'm not gonna turn it off."

"I didn't say turn it off." She sighed, lightly kissing me, "All I said was let it go."

I shook my head and looked at her confused. I felt my grip on her neck loosen. My eyes wandered, and I was thinking 'what the hell'. But, I was better than this. I wasn't this kind of guy... and I sure as hell didn't want to be.

"Nice try, Katherine." I sighed, taking steps back, "I'm not easily seduced like Damon."

"Bummer." She smirked again, "Really thought I had ya! But... you wanna go for girls that don't even want you, be my guest!"

I just shook my head and let out a breath. My luck that my first I love you was for a girl who had two guys in her heart.