1x14

"Hey!" Caroline smiled.

I smirked, "You say that a lot!"

"Okay, I know." She sighed and rolled her eyes playfully, "I have a speech. Are you ready?"

"A speech, huh?" I replied and taking a seat, "I'm ready."

"Okay, so, I'm giving you an out."

"An out?" I questioned.

"An escape clause!"

"And why do I need an 'escape clause'?"

"Well, you didn't kiss me the other night... even when I thought you were going to! So, if you want an out, now is your chance." Caroline sighed.

I locked my eyes onto her and let a smile grow onto my face, "I don't need it."

"You don't?"

I shook my head, "I don't, okay?"

"Okay? Okay! Good." She smiled wide, "So, I'll see you at the party tonight?"

"Absolutely."

***

"Elena! Hey!" Caroline smiled, intertwining our fingers.

"Damon." I glared, "What're you doing?"

"Karson, he's helping... believe it or not." Elena sighed.

"Helping? With what?"

"Don't worry about it, brother!" Damon smirked, "You just have fun on your date."

Without another word, Damon took hold of Elena's arm and pulled her off into the woods. I watched them until they were no longer able to be seen. I turned my attention back to Caroline, smiling as she mingled with other friends. She noticed my smile and joined me once again.

"So." She began.

"Another speech?" I asked, leaning my back against the car.

"Yeah." She laughed, looking at the ground. "I just would really like this to work, and maybe turn into something. I don't wanna mess anything up."

I smiled and lifted my hand to her cheek, brushing it with my thumb, "You haven't messed anything up. You won't."

"Then why won't you kiss me?" She pouted.

"You're more experienced with this than I am, Caroline..." I admitted, looking at the ground.

"Wait, have you been with anyone?"

I shook my head, "No, actually, I haven't. After all this time, I have never had a first."

"Ever? How come?"

"Bad things tend to follow me everywhere... So, eventually you just stop searching for those kinds of things."

I felt her place her hands onto my chest as our eyes locked on one another. She smiled and placed a soft kiss onto my cheek. She then pressed her forehead to mine with a massive smile on her face, which caused me to smile. In the distance, I heard screams. It was Elena.

"Caroline, I'm sorry, I have to go."

I bolted through the trees as fast as I could. The closer I got, the louder the chanting got. Bonnie and her Grams were doing some spell, but for what? Once I got there, the chanting had stopped... Stefan, Damon, and Elena emerged from down below. Eventually, I realized where we were.

"What the hell?" I scoffed, feeling anger inside of me.

"Karson, we didn't want you to be involved."

"Involved? I'm your family, Stefan. When did we start keeping things from one another!"

"She wasn't inside." Damon stated.

"Who wasn't inside!" I pleaded, looking to Elena, "Elena, you have yet to lie to me... what happened?"

"We were opening the tomb... to let Katherine out."

I clenched my fists to hold in my anger, which turned to tears in my eyes. I sent a glare to Stefan who was looking at me with apologetic eyes.

"Karson, it didn't work." He pleaded.

I shoved him back, "You know what she made me do! Yet, you were going to let her out anyway! She had us pinned against each other! She is the reason we're here! Why would you let her out to begin with!

"To get rid of me." Damon sighed, "Once I had Katherine, I was going to leave."

"You should leave anyway." I spat.