Season 2 Ep 11

"You locked her in her house?" Stefan questioned.

"Stefan, she's on a suicide mission. Plus... Damon and Bonnie are finally getting along for once." I smirked, earning an eyeroll from Damon.

"We brought you a care package. Some clothes, but most importantly, lunch!"

"You guys are awfully chipper for your current situation." Katherine scoffed.

"Just be happy you have company." I scoffed.

"You're right," Katherine smiled, eyeing Stefan, "It isn't terrible."

"Are one of you going to at least keep an eye on Elena?" Stefan asked.

"Damon is!" I smiled, wrapping an arm over his shoulder, "I mean, it was his plan right? So, he would be HAPPY to take on that patrol."

"And what is it you're going to do, little brother?" Damon fought back, "Isn't Barbie working the kennel tonight."

I rolled my eyes and gave him a shove, leaving the tomb by his side.

***

"Change of plans, you need to be on Elena duty." Damon ordered over the phone.

"Why? Date gone bad?" I teased.

"Shut up! Mason Lockwood has a visitor in town, saying he never came home. Now, he is a missing person. I'm on my way now to the Grill to meet with Ric to see what we can find out."

"Mason, huh? Guess shouldn't have killed him." I sighed, "But, okay. I guess Elena wouldn't be the worst thing to handle."

"Blondie still icing you out?" He questioned.

"Nice try, Damon. Pretending you care... almost got me! But we all know you don't care about anyone."

***

"Really? You?" Elena rolled her eyes, stepping aside form the door.

"Well, hate to break it to ya but... it's me ore you suffer alone." I shrugged, "So! What's on the agenda. Board games? Night of drinking? Maybe a one night stand?" I winked.

"Or!" Jenna smiled, "We can have a PG-13 night and you can help me organize these boxes?"

I laughed, "Of course. Can I ask what you're digging to the archives for?"

"They're for me." A voice broke. "Hi, I'm Elijah."

I made quick eye contact with Elena and back to Elijah. 

"I will send someone for the boxes tomorrow. I thank you for inviting me into your home, Jena. As for the two of you... I hope to see you soon." He smiled.

The moment he left I rushed her upstairs so she could get with Jeremy. Logically, Elijah wouldn't be quick to make a move on Elena if Jeremy was around her. We banged on the door but a firm hand took hold of my neck as I was slammed against the wall. Elijah put a finger to his lips, and shoved that same hand into my chest and slightly squeezed my heart,

I was gasping for air as Jeremy finally opened his door, "What is it?"

"Uhm, Jenna just wanted me to ask you for some help with the rest of the boxes."

He nodded and went downstairs, not bothering to check his surrounding. Elena quickly turned her attention back to me, with Elijah's hand still in my chest.

"I think it's time you and I had a little chat." He stated, removing his hand from my body, "Forgive my intrustion, but I don't mean your family any harm."

"So, I must be excluded from that part of the bargain." I glared.

"Karson, don't." Elena warned, "Why did you kill those vampires when they tried to take me?"

"Because I didn't want you to be take!" Elijah stated, "Klaus is the most feared and hated of the Originals. Those that fear him will do anything for him. Word of a Doppelganger will mean a line of vampires trying to get you to him, and I don't want that."

"Isn't that what you want to do?" Elena attacked.

"Let's just say I don't want o break the curse."

"So, basically, you want to keep her safe?" I asked.

"Precisely." He agreed. "Klaus is a recluse. He trusts only those in his circle."

"Wouldn't that be you?" Elena asked, getting a no form him. "You don't know where he is. You want to use me to draw him out."

"You would need to be alive to do that." He mocked.

"How do I know you're being honest.?"

"Elena, he's telling the truth." I stated, holding a gaze with Elijah, "If he wasn't, he would have ripped my heart out when he had his hand in my chest. He want to make a deal. Isn't that right?"

"You live your life, Elana. Day by day. Then m when the time is right, we both will draw out Klaus and I will kill him. Just like that. Do we have a deal?"

"If we do this... I want one more thing."

"Elena, are you nuts? Negotiating with an Original?" I scoffed.

"I don't hear you talking me out of it!"

I put my hands up in defense, "I am not Damon and Stefan. You're gonna find a way to do things your way with, or without me help. So, tell me, Gilbert... What's the deal?"

"To get Stefan out."