3x15

"Mother hasn't frightened you away yet, has she?" Rebekah smiled.

"Yes." Kol smiled, "I surely how we haven't scared you away."

I shook my head with a smirk, "Not a chance."

Kol and I laughed at one another before his smile faded and he plopped down onto a nearby couch. Klaus was sending Rebekah and I a look, one that was questioning. One that was searching for the typical big brother question.

"Relax, Nik." Rebekah rolled her eyes, "He was a gentlemen. However, I was disappointed when I didn't even receive a goodnight kiss last night."

"You'll have to forgive me!" I laughed, "Your entire family was watching. I was trying to be romantic and not do that sort of thing in front of them."

"Wow. Rebekah seems to have scored a good one." Kol mocked. "Brother, I am bored. Care to join me? It is the least you can do after daggering me."

Klaus stopped drawing and raised an eyebrow, "I suppose it would be more fun than staying here with these two."

"For the record, you used to LOVE my company." I smiled.

"That was before you were having your way with my sister!" Klaus fought back.

I rolled my eyes and threw my hands up as the two brothers left. Rebekah let herself laugh and took a hold onto my face. She didn't speak. She simply stared at me in admiration. I sent her a confusing look.

"What are you up to?" I questioned.

"Well." She sighed, stepping closer, "We're alone now."

I let a wicked smile grow across my lips as I slowly went to lean in. She smirked and aggressively slammed me against a nearby wall. I laughed once more as I placed a gentle hand onto her cheek and once again began to lean in.

"You'll have to pause the pleasantries." Elijah spoke as he entered the room.

Rebekah let out a sigh, "What is it, Elijah? Have you come to mock us as well?"

He shook his head, "I am worried about mother. This burnt sage... it's a privacy spell."

"Well, she's kind of been on ice for how long now? Is it really abnormal of her to take some precautions?" I shrugged.

"Why not ask Finn?" Rebekah added.

"I don't trust Finn. Mother has wanted nothing but to make our family whole... what could she possibly need to have privacy for?" Elijah questioned.

"Nosy kids?" I teased, getting a nudge from Rebekah.

***

"Wait, their own mom?" I scoffed, "That's pretty extreme."

"Yeah, and if we don't find a way to stop Esther, then your new girlfriend is gonna kill Elena." Damon sighed, taking a drink.

I shook my head, "Rebekah wouldn't do that."

"What part of her being an Original do you not understand, brother?" Damon shook his head, "She will do whatever it takes to protect her family, even if her brothers are nuts! Sorry to burst your bubble, but you aren't a part of their family!"

"That's right. You're a part of this family. WE are your family, not them." Stefan pleaded.

"Yeah, you're supposed to be! But, so far, all you guys do is play tricks and games. At least they accept the monsters that are inside of them. They don't PRETEND to be human." I sighed, "Where is Rebekah?"

"Elijah says she's with Elena. Keeping her until we fail or succeed." Damon admitted.

"Alright then," I shrugged, "What's the plan?"

"We dagger one of them. They're linked, so if we dagger one then we dagger them all." Stefan informed, giving Damon a look.

"And then?" I pushed.

"Karson, if that doesn't work we have to end the Witch's bloodline." Stefan stated, only to continue after I gave him a confusing look, "The Bennett line... either Bonnie or her mother will have to die in order for the bloodline to end."

"What if they didn't die?" I asked.

"Baby brother has a plan." Damon smirked, "What is it?"

"She just doesn't have to be a witch anymore, right? So... what if they weren't a witch anymore." I shrugged.

"What are you saying?" Stefan asked.

"What if we make one of them a vampire?" I finally spoke.

"That would work." Stefan nodded, "But, who does it?"

"Well, we already know Karson won't. He will be having a very serious conversation with Rebekah after all of this is done. So, Stef, it is between us. We can flip on it." Damon stated.

"A coin flip? Really?" Stefan scoffed.

Damon smirked as he reached for the nearest coin. We all made eye contact with one another as Damon flipped the coin into the air and it was as though it was in slow motion as it landed back in Damon's hand and he held it covered. We sent each other a nod as he removed his hand to reveal which brother would do the deed.

Stefan would be the one making a new vampire tonight.

***

"Tell me it isn't true, Rebekah." I shouted, "Tell me that you weren't hoping to torture and kill Elena tonight."

"I can't believe this! You are so set on protecting her, too. Why is everyone in this bloody town so worried about Elena!" 

"I'm not! I am worried about you and who you are going to be! Do you really wanna be like your brothers? Like Klaus?" I scoffed, "You can be an Original without being cold and torturing someone."

"Did you yell at Elena after she stabbed me in the back?" Rebekah fought back.

I let out a sigh and shook my head, "No, no I didn't."

"Exactly." She cried, "Why does she get the free pass but I have a moment of anger and it is the worst crime to ever be committed!?"

I shook my head once again and made my way over to her, taking her hands into my. I placed a gentle kiss onto her hands and locked onto her eyes. She was who she was... and I had to accept that. We both were never going to be perfect. We were a predator, it was in our nature. I couldn't be mad at her for wanting revenge.

"I know... I'm sorry. I wasn't meaning to judge you. I guess a part of me wanted all of the violence gone. To just enjoy a day or two without someone almost dying; regardless of who it is." 

She sighed and let a smirk come onto her face, "I know. I couldn't agree more. For what it's worth; I don't intend to actually kill her... revenge has been sweet enough just watching her worry about where I am or when I will come around next."

I let a laugh escape me as I took her into a hug. As we parted slowly, I felt her hand resting on my chest and her eyes quickly locked onto mine. We bother shared a gaze and smiles. I slowly lifted my hand to her cheek and gently pulled her towards me. Finally, our lips meant and I could tell we were both smiling into it.

"Even better than I remember it." She teased.