1x07

We had tracked Vicki to the high school, and she was with someone. There was another voice, a male. It didn't take me long to realize it was Tyler. She was about to attack him and Stefan caught her.

"What's going on here?" Tyler questioned.

"Don't talk." Damon scoffed.

"Damon, don't!" Stefan warned.

I let a sly smirk come onto my face as I gripped his neck.

"Karson!" Stefan sighed in disbelief.

"What? This guy is a total dick... I'm gonna enjoy this a little bit!" I replied, turning to compel Tyler, "Forget what you saw here tonight. None of us were here."

I smiled as I threw him over the car and turned to my brothers.

"I like your style, brother." Damon smirked.

***

"A witch?" I teased, joining Bonnie at the party, "How original."

"Says you! What even are you?"

"I'm a good lookin' guy in a good lookin' jacket, duh!" I laughed, accepting a drink from her.

She rolled her eyes and we exchanged smiles, but I felt a presence behind me. The moment he spoke I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Where'd you get that?" Damon demanded, "It belongs to me. I can take it."

Before I could fight him back, he reached for the necklace around Bonnie's neck only to be burned. He sent me a look and watched Bonnie as she ran off. I let out a laugh.

"What?" He asked.

"You really know how to work a lady, huh?" I teased.

He scoffed and made his way elsewhere. I sipped on my drink some more, and started to hear things. Screaming. I heard Jeremy and Stefan so I followed the sounds and found them by the buses. Vicki was full of rage, and hunger, that she had lost the little control that she had. Elena's scream filled the air as Vicki was about to bite into her neck. Quickly, I grabbed a piece of broken wood and sped to it, shoving it into Vicki's back... through her heart. I froze. I felt my eyes burn with tears as Vicki's body began to decompose. She fell to the ground, and finally she was gone.

I had killed her.

***

We sat on Elena's porch once again. Stefan and I sat in silence. I kept replaying the night in my head, trying to find a possible alternative. Eventually, I began to feel anger. Anger at Damon for doing this. Anger at myself for thinking Damon could be the brother he used to be. Anger soon turned to rage.

"It wasn't your fault." Stefan stated, placing a hand onto my shoulder.

"How."

"She would have killed Elena, or Jeremy. You did what you had to do, Karson."

I stood up quickly, rage now fueling me. "She ALMOST killed someone. She didn't actually do it. Damon, on the other hand, has killed COUNTLESS of people and we do nothing!"

Elena emerged from the door, and my rage had to be put on hold.

"Are you okay?" Elena asked, taking a step towards me.

"We should've helped her..." I sighed.

Stefan stepped in, knowing I was hurting. He was begging for a way to help her, anything. She wanted him to forget. She wanted Stefan, or myself, to compel Jeremy to forget what happened. We couldn't do it... Stefan wasn't strong enough. Before I could offer my help, another voice came into play.

"I can do it." Damon said, "If this is what you want."

"It's what I want." Elena confirmed.

"What do you want him to know?"