1x04

I sped over to Damon, catching the knife before it impaled him.

"You two need to grow the hell up." I sighed.

"Oh, baby brother, do you care about me again?" he smirked.

"Why do you have to pick on him, huh?" Stefan defended, glaring at Damon.

"Stefan, please, I can defend myself." I replied, grabbing a wooden pencil from a desk and pushing it into Damon's abdomen, "And, no, I do NOT care about you."

I left with a smirk on my face, knowing the only thing that could hurt him were wooden objects.

***

I was joined at the grill by the only other loner that I know.

"Bonnie Bennett," I smiled, offering her the seat across from me, "What do I owe the honor?"

She rolled her eyes and took a seat, "Don't flatter yourself."

"Are you preparing for the founder's party?" I smiled, "Stefan has turned into some little girl since Elena asked him to go."

"I'm sensing some jealousy!"

"Not at all."

"Really? Because I am... I get to third wheel it tonight!"

I scoffed and crossed my arms, "Is that your poor attempt at asking me to go with you?"

"Sorry!" Caroline busted in, "But she can't take you... because I was going to ask you to be my date!"

I smirked. She had thought about me, on her own.

***

A women greeted us the moment we reached the door, but I was hesitant. I needed to be invited in.

"Caroline, hello! Who is this?" she smiled.

"This is my date, Karson."

"Well, please, come in!"

We both smiled and I moved my foot through the door, not feeling resistance. I let out a breath when I finally made it inside.

"I'll be right back!" Caroline stated, placing a kiss onto my cheek before joining a woman in uniform.

After she left, I felt a hand grip onto my shoulder. I didn't have to look to know who it was.

"Careful, baby brother, the mother is packing heat!" Damon mocked.

"What are you doing here, Damon?"

"Now, if I told you, that would ruin the surprise!" he winked and made his way farther inside.

***

I was standing alone when Elena came in hot. I don't mean looking hot, either... I mean she was pushing and shoving me like I had committed a crime.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" She shouted.

"Elena, what's going on? Are you okay?"

"Karson, if you hurt Caroline one more time then I will go to her mother... the sheriff."

I clenched my jaw, "I wouldn't hurt Caroline."

"Tell that to the bite marks all over her body." She finished and stormed off.

Stefan joined, not a moment later, "What was all of that about?"

"Stefan, I don't know what's going on! I'm not feeding on Caroline!"

"I know, I know. It's Damon." Stefan sighed, "He has to feed on her one more time."

"What!" I shouted, being pulled aside from the crowd. "If he touches her again I will rip his heart out myself!"

"No, listen. I spiked Caroline's drink with vervain... once he feeds on her, he'll be weak and we can lock him up. We can weaken him."

I nodded and followed after him. As predicted, he had fed on Caroline and was lying on the ground in agony.

"Go to her, I'll take care of him." Stefan said, picking up Damon and speeding off.

I rushed to Caroline's side, placing her head into my lap. I brushed strands of hair out of her face as her body began to stir. Her eyes opened and locked onto mine. I helped her sit up and held onto her.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm fine." She lied. She wanted to cry.

"You know, you don't have to pretend with me."

She nodded and I noticed her lip quiver. She was holding in tears. Finally, she gave in and tears fell from her eyes. I wrapped her into a hug and took her back home.

I stayed with her that night. In case Damon somehow got out.