3x3

"Welcome back to Chicago, Karson."

I laughed, "You must have me mistaken. I have never been."

"No?" Klaus questioned, "I know Stefan the ripper was there. But if I memory serves correctly, he wasn't the only Salvatore there."

I rolled my eyes, "Why are we here? The hybrids failed, so what's next?"

"There's a witch that I think can give us some information. We're going to her since you haven't been forth coming."

"Well, forgive me, but you have to earn my loyalty just as I have to earn yours."

"Then let's go discuss it over drinks." He smirked, "Does it look familiar?"

I shook my head, looking over the walls of the bar. A picture caught my eye and I quickly turned my attention back to Klaus and his new friend: Gloria. The picture was of my with Klaus.

"What the hell is this?" I scoffed, slamming the picture down, "How did you pull this off?"

"Careful, Karson. If you let your anger surface you will let all of the other emotions come back." He smirked, rising to his feet, "I am not the only Original that you have met. Does the name Rebekah sound familiar to you?"

I was confused, but I let out a laugh, "I don't remember either of you. I guess you weren't worth remembering."

He smiled in return, "Careful. You're living the dream right now. You proposed the same terms all of those years ago."

"You compelled me, didn't you? You wanted me to forget."

"Story time is over. Rebekah will be here soon to help Gloria and myself. We will fix my hybrid situation and we can go back to what we started."

"You don't need a witch to tell you why your hybrids aren't watching." I stated. "I tell you why your hybrids aren't working, you let me remember."

"Very well."

I nodded, "Your ritual wasn't fully completed."

"Meaning what?"

"Meaning that not all of the steps went exactly as they were supposed to. What is the one part of the ritual that my brothers and I could have impacted? What ONE thing did we feel the need to protect?" I smirked.

His face grew stern, "The doppelganger."

I nodded and let a smile grow onto my face, "Keep thinking, you're almost there. But, don't forget your end of the bargain."

I let out a breath and made his way over to me, gripping onto my face. "Now, you can remember."

My smile faded as I began to remember the bonding moments that Klaus and I shared. We had shared drinks and stories, and might as well have been brothers way back when. Rebekah, on the other hand, was a different story. There was a different feeling. Happiness. Lust. Tension. Images of us dancing flashed in my brain, just like images of us feeding together. Even though we were newly acquainted, we were happy.

"Karson?" A female voice broke the air.

I spun around to see that same blonde from my images, wearing the same dress.

"Rebekah?"