1x17

A/N:

Sorry I have been off the radar! I recently moved into an apartment and JUST got internet!

So, here I am!

Let's go!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I just wish that they could count on me more, ya know?" I sighed, twirling my drink, "I wish they would stop treating me like the baby brother."

"Well, you are the baby brother!" Caroline teased, causing me to smile.

I rolled my eyes, "You know what I mean."

"All I am saying is that MAYBE it isn't so bad to have someone that wants to protect you from the world of crazy."

"Yeah, I guess so..."

"Try talking to them? Well, talking to Stefan... Damon not so much."

I laughed and shook my head at her, "I'll get right on that!"

"Maybe they'll surprise you!" She smiled, "But, anyway, I gotta go."

"Are you sure you wanna drive in this weather? It's bad out there..."

"Yeah, I have this untraditional, traditional ritual thing with my dad and his boyfriend." She groaned.

"Do you want me to drive you?" I offered, helping her put her jacket on.

"As much as I would love that, I really don't want the dad and the boyfriend bothering you just yet." She smiled, placing a hand on my cheek, "Thank you though."

"Fine..." I sighed, "Drive slow, no phone, and PLEASE let me know if you make it okay or if you need ANY help."

"Got it!" she laughed as she wrapped her arms around my neck, "Anything else?"

I nodded and held her face in my hands, "Just this."

We smiled as our lips pressed against the other's. We parted and our eyes immediately locked on to one another's and we smiled wider.

"Be safe." I smiled again as she made her way out.

***

"Are you ready to go?" Stefan asked.

"Oh no, you're going on his diet now?" Damon mocked.

"Damon, just because we can bond... doesn't mean you can be jealous." I mocked in return with a smirk, "Jealousy doesn't look good on you."

Damon rolled his eyes and Stefan pulled me the rest of the way outside, "Come on."

It was a complete down pour outside. Stefan and I couldn't find anything in this, but I don't think the storm was at fault. I saw two figures appear behind us.

"Stefan..." I said.

"I know." he replied.

Just as we turned around, we both were met with a stake in the gut and dragged with them. They tied both of us up with burning rope. I kept groaning in pain.

"Vervain on the ropes." Fredrick smirked, pulling on the ropes, "Stings... doesn't it?"

He let out a laugh and pulled Stefan's face back, pouring more vervain into his eyes.

"This isn't right!" Another man yelled in our defense.

"They killed Bethan!"

"Wrong." I groaned, being stupid.

"What?"

"WE didn't kill anyone." I started, trying to get them to leave Stefan alone, "I was the one who drove the stake through Bethan."

"You must have a death wish!" He shouted, brushing a knife crossed my chest, "This is revenge, kid. You two are first, and then your brother, and then whoever else gets in the way!"

He rose the knife to impale me, but the other man stopped him. Unfortunately, he got himself staked to a chair along side us.

***

"I'm sorry." Stefan groaned.

"What?" I scoffed." I was the one that wanted to feed like you, alright?"

"Still... this revenge is being fueled from Damon and I, I'm sorry it has fallen to you."

"Can you just not be sentimental right now?" I sighed, turning to the other man, "And thank you for trying to help us."

"They just want someone to blame." He nodded.

Shortly after, Damon and Elena showed up. They untied us and gave us clothes to put on, and we made our way through the woods. Damon stayed back to distract while the rest of us made it safely into the car. We were taking deep breaths and starting to relax when Stefan got lifted from the car by Fredrick.

"This is for Bethan." Fredrick spoke.

He went to shove a stake into Stefan's abdomen, but I leapt in front and took it myself. I moaned and felt as though I was holding my breath as I fell to the ground. Stefan continued to fight him, and I was unable to get up to defend him anymore. He needed to feed in order to win.

Fredrick was down, and Elena was pleading to Stefan for him to wake up. He was alive, but barely. Fredrick started to stir and I watched as Elena fed him her blood. I held my breath more as he tried to resist, but finally he began to feed on her. This was the first human blood that he has had in years...

***

I showed up at the Donavan house with the Gilbert's... Caroline's request. I finally found her in the living room just starring into space.

"Hey." I sighed, taking a hold of her hand, "You okay?"

"I found her body..." Caroline sighed and began to cry, "I found Vicki."

I let out a breath and took her into my arms tightly, rubbing her back.

"I've got you."