3x6

"He left me here!" Rebekah scoffed, "Klaus actually left me here."

"Who the hell are you?" Damon asked.

I smirked, "Klaus's sister. Careful, she's just as moody."

"Which one is my room?" She rolled her eyes.

"You're not actually staying here, are you?" Stefan pushed.

"Fine, I will find it myself!"

"Stefan's room is the one with the racecar bedsheets!" I teased.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" Damon fake smiled.

"Oh!" I laughed, "You're right. I have school. Senior year!"

"I'm coming with you." Stefan warned. "Let's go."

"Don't threaten me with a good time, brother."

I laughed more and harder, watching them both try to figure out how to bring the good little brother back. But, I had to admit, I liked this lifestyle. Not having to care or worry about how others would react. 

***

"What, are you following me now?" I smirked, feeling Rebekah walk beside me.

"Unfortunately, yes." She smirked back, "You are my only friend here right now."

"Well," I pursed my lips and lightly shoving her against the lockers, "We could very easily be more than friends. All you have to do is let it happen. You liked me once, right? Why is it any different now?"

Her eyes grew stern, "Wrong. I LOVED you once. But, your humanity was on back then... you were much cuter. Until that comes back, I have needs."

I nodded with a smile, "You don't like danger, huh? Or, I don't know, fun."

"I do." She gave me a half smile, "But it looked better on you when you cared."

Another voice broke the moment. Caroline.

"What the hell is this?" She scoffed.

I turned my attention over to Caroline, and I could tell that Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"Hi," I smiled as I pretended to have forgotten about her, "I'm Karson. You are?"

"Seriously? You're gonna flaunt a new girlfriend in front of me." Caroline defended, storming off.

"Oh, come on Caroline, I am just being friendly!" I smiled again.

***

"Cheers!" Elena stated.

"Easy there, hot shot." I laughed, "My drinking is a lot better than yours."

"Not as good as mine though." Stefan added, getting himself a drink. "Care to take me on?"

"A contest, huh?" I smirked, "Gonna let the Ripper come out and play, Stefan? I know Klaus would be happy to have him back."

"I wasn't saying that. I was just saying that I know you would lose that battle."

I nodded, "Yeah, you're probably right. Guess we won't find out unless you follow in my foot steps. You know... turn it off."

"Not gonna happen." Stefan warned, "You need to turn yours back on."

"Oh, I see now. I see what this is." I laughed, "You're hoping you can cause some type of emotion inside of me that will make me want to come back."

"That's not my plan." Stefan shook his head, revealing a blonde, "But it might be hers."

"Hey." Caroline stated as the others left us.

"This should be good." I smirked, taking a seat, "Let's hear what you got."

"Why did you even turn it off?"

"You could probably ask the guy who you were in bed with the night I called you over the summer. I turned it off because of you, Caroline. So what makes you think I am going to turn it on for you?"

Her eyes got read with tears, "You heard that?"

"So, it is true, huh?" I smiled, standing up, "You finally chose."

"It's a pity, really." Rebekah stated, appearing behind me, "Karson is far more romantic than a dog ever could be."

"Have a nice night, Caroline." I winked, following Rebekah elsewhere.

***

"Am I mistaken or were you actually impressed by me?" I asked Rebekah.

"Do we really have to go over this again?" She rolled her eyes.

I put my hands up in defense, "I am all for not talking."

"So, you really turned it because of her?"

"I suppose I did." I shrugged, "Maybe the fact that everyone in this damn town wants to defend Elena. Especially Klaus. It puts a damper on things. So, turning it off makes it a hell of a lot easier to handle."

She locked eyes with me, "Not everyone would protect her over you."

Before I replied, she made her way slowly towards me. She place a gentle hand on my neck and pulled my head onto hers. Our foreheads and noses touched before she pulled me in more. I slyly smirked as I was getting what I wanted without turning my humanity back on.

However, just as out lips touched I felt a sudden jolt of pain in my back. I locked eyes with Rebekah again and I could see the sadness in her eyes. I turned behind me to see my brothers and Alaric.

"Nice work, blondie." Damon smirked.

"We've got it from here." Stefan confirmed.

"You helped them?" I asked, weak.

"They aren't the only ones that want your humanity back." She cried.