1x16

"So, we could go watch a movie!" Caroline smiled, taking a hold of my arm.

"At your place, with your mom?" I questioned, "Or there's my place... with Damon."

She sighed and rolled her eyes, "Okay, maybe not."

We spotted Stefan and Elena talking in the hallway and she pulled me over in their direction. Elena and Caroline discussed going out together, all four of us.

"Like a double date?" Elena clarified.

Stefan and I scrunched our noses at each other, only to get nudged by the girls.

"Come on!" Caroline begged, placing a kiss onto my cheek.

"I mean, why not, right?" Stefan suggested.

"Seriously?" I asked.

He shrugged, "Yeah! It could be fun! Normal."

I let out a sigh and looked to see Caroline smiling at me, waiting for an answer.

"Okay!" I rolled my eyes, "Fine!"

***

"So!" Stefan smirked while the girls were at  the bathroom, "This is new!"

"What?" I laughed as I set up the pool table.

"It's nice to see you smiling again... you seem happy."

"Well, I'm trying."

"Look, I know Katherine made it impossible for you... but, that isn't going to happen again. She's gone." He promised.

The girls came back and we decided to head back to our house to mess around for the rest of the night. Somehow, we made our way into the garage and Stefan gave me a look.

"What?" I squinted my eyes.

"Don't hate me." He smiled, revealing the red car underneath.

"No way!" I smiled again, looking through the interier.

"I don't like sports cars." Caroline stated, "Too hard to make out in!"

"Could you be anymore of a girl right now!" I teased, and she winked in return.

"Why don't you two take it for a spin?" Stefan offered.

"Seriously!?"

"Yeah!" She smiled, tossing me the keys.

***

"Are you lost?" Caroline asked.

"No." I stated, "I think I am exactly where I need to be. So, did I pass the double date test?"

Caroline shrugged and I let out a breath, "Look, Caroline, I'm sorry if I'm not what you expected or what you wanted me to be... I have never gone this far with anyone, nor have I made a fool of myself by talking out my feelings!" I started, getting her to look at me, "But I can tell you that there is no one else that I would rather be with right now, and it makes me happy. And I'm extra sorry that I am DEFINITELY making a fool of myself right now."

"No, no!" Caroline sighed with a smile, "You're doing just fine!"

A smile came across my face and she returned it. She pulled my face to hers and locked our lips together. As they moved in sync she tried to make another move but got stuck in the tiny room she had.

"Sports cars." She repeated.

I let out a laugh and shrugged, pulling her face back to mine.

***

Caroline had gone home and I heard glass break from inside the house. I bolted inside to see Stefan and Damon being attacked by two other vampires. The girl stabbed Stefan in the chest with a glass shard before he pushed her back, breaking a chair. I sped to a chair leg and sent it through her chest. As the other guy let Damon be and left, I removed the glass from Stefan and helped him to his feet.

"I remember them." I sighed.

"From 1864." Stefan agreed, "They were in the tomb."

"Yeah." Damon nodded between breaths, "About that."