Season 2 Ep 14&15

"You joined me!" Caroline smiled, giving me a kiss.

"How's it coming along?" Jeremy joined us.

"It's working." Caroline informed.

I smirked, "She's giving him the sexy smile."

"Okay, quit it."

"What's the matter little Gilbert, she's working her magic! Literally." I laughed.

"Okay, I get it!" Jeremy fought back again.

I squinted my eyes at him while exchanging looks with Caroline. I think baby Gilbert had a thing for our witch friend. The moment was interrupted when Bonnie motioned for us to join her. Lucah was faint and very unaware of what was going on around him.

"I got him." I stated, wrapping his arm over my neck, "Had too much to drink, bud?"

"Seriously, what kind of ruffe did you give him?" Jeremy agreed.

Bonnie just smiled and said, "A strong one."

"So, we'll need matches? I'll get them!"

"Don't, I've got it." Bonnie said straight faced, lighting the candles.

"Still freaky. Still cool as hell." I laughed.

"Oh, come on, that was pretty hot!" Caroline stated, trying to get Jeremy to react.

"Boys, do you mind getting me a bowl of water?" Bonnie smiled.

"It takes two of us to get a bowl of water?" I scoffed, crossing my arms.

"Go!" Caroline glared, but in a teasing way.

I threw my hand up in defense and followed Jeremy into the kitchen. I decided to dig a little bit while we waited for the bowl to fill.

"So!" I smiled as I leaned on the counter, "You and Bennett?"

He rolled his eyes and smirked, "Don't push it."

"Oh, come on. Baby siblings gotta stick together! So, spill! You're totally crushing, aren't you?" I teased.

"Yeah, okay... maybe a little bit but--"

"But? Is it because of Elena? Bonnie sees you as her best friend's little brother? I mean... look around, Jer. There's no room for judgment."

He just nodded and made good eye contact with me. We thought it was best to go back and get this thing going. Lucah was slightly waking up, so Bonnie began. Bonnie was asking questions and Lucah was so dazed that he was actually answering them. He came clean about Elijah, and the curse. About the sacrifice.

"Wait, so... to break the curse, Elena has to die?" I stated, feeling Caroline take a hold of my hand.

"Yes." Lucah sighed, "Elena has to die."

***

I came home to a rather large mess in the living room, with Damon at the center of it. I made eye contact and shrugged at him.

"Did I miss all of the fun?" I asked, playing with the chains.

"Oh, you know, nothing major. Just being tied up with wood splints shoving into my neck all night. Surrounded by werewolves."

"You always were into that weird stuff, huh?"

"Cute. Very cute." He rolled his eyes, "So, stop toying with me. What'd you learn?"

"Elena has to die for the curse to be broken. Whether it is for us or for the wolves, her sacrifice breaks it."

"So, Elijah planned for her to die all along." Damon shook his head.

"That was the deal, Damon. Elijah promised to keep everyone else safe. He never promised her safety."

He glared at me before shoving me against the wall, "You knew?"

I nodded, "I was there when the deal was made!"

"How can you be so stupid!"

"How is any of this stupid? Her life was fine until any of us came into it! We have no right how she chooses to live, or die. It is her choice, Damon." I stated, finally feeling him release his grip.

He shook his head, "You messed up, Karson. You're wrong.