1x06

~~Flashback to '64~~

"I'll need an escort to the ball." Katherine smirked.

"My pleasure!" Damon and Stefan smiled, sending a look to one another.

I shook my head, "No thanks."

"Oh? Only 2 out of 3 brothers... what will I do." She sighed, taking a place right in front of me and smiling, "Don't worry, I have bigger plans for all of us!"

Later on, I was 'summoned' by Katherine to join her for a meal... But I knew she had a plan. She always did. Stefan and Damon, on the other hand, were so blinded by love that they refused to see past her act.

"What are you up to, Katherine?" I snapped, "This game you have with my brothers needs to stop."

"Or what?" She threatened, showing the veins bulge in her eyes.

"What the..." I sighed, taking a step back.

She lunged at me, gripping my neck as she pinned me against the wall.

"You aren't afraid of me. In fact, you're curious. You're mesmerized. You'll do my dirty work." She compelled.

"I'm not afraid." I replied with a smile, "I'll do the dirty work."

~~Present at Elena's~~

"What's going on?" I asked, joining Stefan at Elena's house.

"We have to track Vicki." Stefan sighed, looking everywhere but at me.

"Vicki? As in Vicki Donavon? What do we want with her?"

"Damon turned her." Elena pitched in, breaking the silence. Suddenly, the room was filled with tension.

"So... you know." I replied, raising an eyebrow and looking between the two, "Trouble in paradise?"

"Just go find her." Elena rolled her eyes.

I smirked and followed Stefan out into the woods.

***

"So..." I started, pursing my lips to start the conversation.

"Karson, please don't." Stefan warned.

I put my hands up and nodded, agreeing to not push the issue. I liked being the annoying little brother, but I knew when I needed to stop. We kept rummaging through the woods and we finally found her, crying.

"I remember." She cried, "I remember what he is, the rooftop, what he said... all of it."

"It doesn't have to be this way." I replied, leaning down next to her, "We can help you survive. You won't have to hurt anyone."

"We will help you." Stefan added.

"Just take me home." Vicki agreed.

I nodded and began helping her onto her feet. In an instant, everything went south. A gunshot boomed through the air and Stefan fell to the ground.

"Wooden bullets." He groaned in pain.

I turned around to see the news anchor, and I showed my eyes and fangs as I bolted at him... but his nerves worked to his advantage and got another shot off before I could reach him. I fell to the ground as the wood continued to burn through my skin. He leaned over me, pressing the wound as I gritted my teeth. As he rose the stake, I turned to Stefan. His eyes were sad... he wouldn't be able to save me. I let out a breath and just as the stake was about to impale me, Damon was biting into his neck.

"If anyone is going to kill you both, it'll be me!" He mocked, pulling out the bullet. "It's wood."

"They know." Stefan replied, turning to Vicki.

It was too late. She was feeding on Logan.

"No!" Stefan shouted, accepting defeat.

"I'm sorry." Vicki panicked, running off into the woods.

"Oops..." Damon sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hello lovely people(:

I hope you're enjoying the story!

I would love some feedback from you all!!! It matters to me.

So, any comments/ideas/suggestions... leave a comment or send a message!