Season 4 Ep 20-21

"I gotta say, she is the calmest but starving vampire I have ever seen." I scoffed, grabbing a drink, "Remember Damon? He was like a baby that wanted anything he could suck on."

Damon and Stefan paused, sending me a look.

"Okay..." I sighed, "That sounded bad."

Stefan laughed, "Either way, Begging for blood means desperation. Desperation means emotion... so, she's going to avoid that at all costs."

"Yeah, she can't keep it up forever." Damon replied, finishing his drink.

I crossed my arms, "Really? No humanity Elena has been pretty impressive so far. I don't think she'll cave unless we get dramatic."

"Maybe I can provide a little excitement." She smirked.

"Katherine." Stefan sighed.

"So, when is the house warming party?" She teased.

I put my hands up to pause everyone, "Shouldn't you be running from Klaus right now?"

She laughed, "That little werewolf Haylee was exactly what we needed to keep him busy. Klaus is gone. For good."

I went to give a response back but at that moment I could feel my phone going off. I let out a breath on froze when I saw the name on it. I had a missed called paired with a voicemail... from Klaus. I let out another small laugh and let a smirk cross my lips.

"Everything okay, brother?" Damon questioned.

I nodded, "Yeah, yeah! Everything is good."

***

"Where is she? I want to see her." Caroline scoffed.

"Caroline, she's not ready. We're not letting anyone see her because it'll lead to loneliness." I sighed, "We're trying to trigger any emotion that we can. Her brother, killing the innocent... it consumes her."

"Just let me try." Caroline pleaded, taking my hands, "Please, just once. Before anymore torture or anything like that."

I let out a breath and pulled her behind me. I paused her at the entrance and went into Elena first, locking eyes with her as I knelt down in front of her.

"You have a visitor. I want it on the record that if you hurt her, I am not my brothers. I will not hesitate if I need to. Understand?" I warned.

"Karson..." Caroline sighed, motioning for me to go, "It's okay,"

I nodded, giving her a kiss on the forehead before leaving the two of them alone. I paced upstairs as I listened to their conversation, ready to be down there instantly if I heard something go wrong. Caroline wanted her friend back so badly that she was risking her safety. I had to trust her judgement. Until Klaus came into the conversation. How a bad boy could ruffle Caroline's faethers. I clenched my jaw and chose not to listen anymore as Stefan entered the room.

"What're you doing?" Stefan questioned.

"Caroline wanted to see her. I thought maybe.... I don't know. Worth a shot."

"You're not gonna check on her?"

I let out a breath and grabbed my jacket, "You go ahead."

***

"We have to keep talking!" Caroline pouted, "If we don't then I have to listen to Elena in pain and I REALLY don't want to do that."

Okay, okay." I sighed, taking a seat beside her, "What do you want to talk about?"

"I don't know. Anything."

I pursed my lips in thought, instantly jumping to what I heard her and Elena talking about earlier.

"Let's talk about Klaus." I stated, locking eyes with her.

She squinted at me, "Why would we talk about Klaus? What does he want you to do?"

I shook my head, "No, it isn't like that. What Elena said... about wanting your feather's ruffled. Is that true? Have you thought about him?"

"Karson..."

"It's just a question, Caroline. One that seems to get brought up regularly and you pretend it wasn't mentioned." I sighed, "You think about him, don't you?"

"No, I don't think about him, Karson. Okay? Not now, not before. I haven't."

I clenched my jaw and nodded, looking down at the floor. She stood in front of me and placed a soft hand on either hand of my face.

"It's you, Karson. Okay? No one else." She gave a light smile and placed a long, loving kiss onto my lips. "I'm gonna try to call Bonnie again."

I watched her as she walked away until she was no longer in sight. Was I created this idea of Caroline and Klaus in my head? Or was she completely unaware of the effect he has on her? Either way, we kept coming back to this discussion. It kept coming back to me trusting her.

Something had to change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I AM SO SORRY!!!

I moved to CALIFORNIA and it has been a wild ride since then!!! I am scheduling more time for writing, so no worries!

I ALSOOOO

Have started my first ORIGINAL book. It is still in the early stages, but when it is ready I will let you all know!

So Excited!!