Season 4 Ep 4

"Are we still fighting?" I teased.

"No, Damon is fighting. I, on the other hand, am over it!" Stefan shrugged.

Damon scoffed, "You aren't mad over Elena?"

"You let my girlfriend feed on you, Damon. I will always be mad about it. But, we are not 'fighting'."

"Sounds good to me!" I smiled, turning to Damon, "So, what does Mama Forbes have to say."

"There were no remains at the explosion site."

"You were there with Klaus, right? Have we tried to ask him what is going on?" I scoffed, playing with some of the hunter's toys.

Damon ripped the weapon from my grasp, "Don't be stupid, brother. He wouldn't help us anyway. All he said was that the hunter was part of the five."

I shrugged, "I guess I will make a trip to the Mikaelson house."

Stefan stopped me, "What do you think that will do?"

"He made me his bitch while I was with him. Eventually, I think he actually cared what happened. I mean, he saved me from Alaric. Why would he do that if he didn't have some type of concern for my well being?"

"Don't let him fool you, Karson. He is just playing games with you."

Damon sighed, "This was a fun chat! But, I have to get Elena to college.

"Excuse me?" Stefan and I both paused.

"First lesson is Feeding 101." Damon teased.

"You're teaching Elena how to feed?" I laughed.

"We aren't fighting, remember?" Damon winked as he left.

Stefan shook his head, "I couldn't help her. The blood was just too much... I was going to try to persuade you to help her but, I know you thoughts on her."

"Look, I know I have kind of been a pain in the ass. But, I promised Caroline I would behave." I smiled, giving him a nudge, "Seriously though, I am going to try to talk to Klaus. He considered us friends, so maybe I can use that."

Stefan shrugged, "Worth a shot I guess."

***

"Kind of kinky, don't you think?" I smirked, looking at the hunter in chains, "I didn't think you were this sadistic."

"You'll have to forgive me, I didn't think I was expecting visitors. What is the meaning of this home intrusion?"

I shrugged, "Maybe I wanted to rekindle our friendship."

"You missed me, I am truly flattered. However, am I wrong to think that your brothers have anything to do with this visit?"

"Yes and no. Damon thinks you know something about the hunter, and being as you healed Elena without something being in it for you... It all sort of clicked. So, you once said we were friends. My ears are yours." I smiled, taking a seat, "Did I mention I don't have much on my list today?"

Klaus then told me stories about his families time in Italy. How the hunters were making a show to the villages of how a vampire would burn in the sunlight. Rebekah had taken a liking to one hunter in particular, the strongest one. The hunter had told her about all of his secrets and objectives, so if was safe to say that she knew what this current hunter had planned. The only trouble was that Klaus and Rebekah were not on good terms and we needed them to be in order to get our answers.

"So, these hunters have been around for hundreds of years. And Rebekah was dating one of them?" I scoffed, "As stubborn as she is, it won't be an easy task."

"That's where you come in." Klaus smiled, "I need to make peace with her in order to get her to tell me the secrets."

"You must have missed the memo, but Caroline and I are back together. I won't risk that for whatever secret plans you have. Tell me what you know, and maybe Caroline will even help us."

Klaus laughed, "Do whatever you need to in order to get Rebekah here. All you need to know now is that this hunter could lead us to all of our answers."

***

"Hey!" Caroline smiled as she pulled me into a hug and kiss, "You have been the invisible man today!"

"Yeah, I know..." I sighed, "You aren't gonna like where I was."

"What do you mean?"

"I was with Klaus."

"Are you crazy!?" Caroline scoffed, "What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking that whatever friendship we had was gonna be enough to get him to tell me more about this hunter that is in town."

"And? Did he tell you anything?"

I nodded my head, "We have to help the hunter kill vampires, Caroline."

"I'm sorry, did you just say we have to help this guy kill vampires!? Do you know how insane that sounds! And, what for?"

I took her hands into mine, "There's a cure, Caroline. There is a way for Elena to be a human again before she kills and turns off her humanity. Or, if you want it, there's a cure for you."

"A cure..." She sighed, "To be human again."

"To me a favor and NOT tell anyone... if you do, I am pretty sure Klaus will rip my heart out." I laughed.

"Would you take it?"

I let out a breath, "I have been a vampire, for so long... I have lived with this burden and gift for as long as I can remember. Caroline, you grew into yourself. You became the best version of yourself. Elena became the WORST version of herself."

"So? Would you?"

"If you took it." I smirked, "If you took it I would absolutely take it for you."

She smiled, "That's sweet! Really! But, it would need to be for you. What if you grew to resent me. What if you end up not liking the human version of me. What if-"

I interrupted her by placing a gentle kiss onto her lips, "You're worrying about a lot of what-ifs, but you haven't even told me if you would even want to take it."

"Actually, I don't think I would want it..." She let out a breath, "I went from being this paranoid, scared girl... to being a strong, and brave one. I like this me. Plus, hanging out with you for eternity doesn't sound like the worse thing in the world."

"To eternity then?" I smiled.

She nodded with a smile, "To eternity."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Readers!! We have hit 100k reads, and I am so shocked and excited!!

Thank you all SO much for going on this journey with me. Your comments are honestly what keep me going at this point. Without you all showing interest, I would have let this story die.

Thank you for being here :)

Keep the comments coming! I try my best to reply to them!