2x09

"This is going to be interesting..." I sighed, opening the door to see Elena, "Hello."

"Stefan here? He called and said it was important."

I nodded and motioned her inside where she was greeted by Stefan and Damon. We all exchanged looks and stepped aside to reveal Rose, the one who had kidnapped her.

"Okay, you have to understand that I only know of the things that I have picked up over the years. I don't know what is and isn't true." Rose spoke, "But Klaus is real."

"Klaus? Who is he?" Elena questioned.

"He's one of the Originals... basically one of the first vampires." I informed.

"He's a legend." Damon added.

"Like Elijah?" Elena asked.

"Elijah is like a little puppy compared to Klaus. A foot soldier. Klaus is like the mobster." I teased.

Elena scrunched her eyebrows, "So, what you're saying is that the oldest vampire in history is coming after me?"

"Yes!" Rose cheered.

Damon rolled his eyes, "What they're saying is... if she is what she is saying is true."

"Which it is." Rose shrugged.

"And someone is trying to kill you. Then we are looking at a strong maybe!" Damon stated.

"If you're not afraid of Klaus then you're an idiot!"

"Look, Elijah is dead. Who else would know she is even alive?" I asked.

Stefan agreed, "Exactly! Or, who even knows if Klaus is real. For all we know, he is just some story."

Elena thought  for a moment, and without saying anything, made her way to the door.

"Where are you going?"

"School." She shrugged, "I'm late."

"I'm heading there." I smirked, grabbing my bag, "Want a ride?"

"No... it's okay." She replied, leaving without another word.

"She's in denial." Damon nodded.

"Shut up, Damon."

***

"Hey! Karson! Wait up!" Caroline smiled, finally catching up to me.

"Hey." I nodded, giving a small smile.

"Everything okay? You haven't really talked to me since the whole Tyler thing."

I sighed, "I just have to go check on Elena. She seemed kind of off earlier and Stefan is too chicken to do it himself so."

"Oh, okay." She pouted, "We can just talk later then."

"Talk about what, Caroline?"

"About how I told Tyler that I was a vampire."

I scoffed and ran my fingers through my hair, Caroline, what else did you tell him? Do you have any idea how dangerous this is?"

"Yes! I know! I am sorry! I didn't tell him about anyone else, so he thinks it's just me. Which, cravings and such... he has those too! Isn't that crazy!"

"Caroline!" I shouted, "Do you hear yourself? HE COULD KILL YOU."

"So, you're mad?"

"Yes..." I sighed, taking a seat, "Of course, I am mad. I just want you safe."

She smiled and took a seat next to me, "I know... I want you safe too. But, maybe if we help him instead of making him fight this himself, he could control it better."

"Woah, wait. You wanna help him!? He will turn in to a wolf and eat you."

"Maybe. Maybe not!" She shrugged, "We have to try. I am going to help him."

I let out a breath and shook my head as she walked away. This was insane! If Tyler learns about the rest of us, he could easily kill us all. 

***

I make my way through the stones, and finally made it to the opening in the wall. I took a breath and took a few more steps closer, placing a gentle hand on the open door.

"I know you're there." I spoke sternly, "Come on out."

I heard shuffling feet from the darkness. Finally, the light lit up her face and she let a small smirk grow on her lips as her eyes locked on to mine.

I smirked back, "Hello, Katherine."