2x3&4

"So?" I sighed, "Do you think you can do it?"

"Karson, I don't know how to make a daylight ring." Bonnie sighed, twirling her class.

"Well, Emily made ours... so maybe there's something in that fancy book of yours?"

"She killed someone and now you're asking me to make it easier for her to do it again?"

I brushed my hand through my hair," Look, Bonnie, everyday that she's cut off from her life is another day closer to her losing her humanity. We have to give her a chance to earn our trust again. She can do this."

"What if I can't trust her?" She snapped, finally locking eyes with me.

"Then, trust me. You haven't killed me yet, and you have had many chances to let me die... but you don't. So, trust me."

"Okay." She finally agreed.

I smiled, "Good! Good. You'll get her ring, and Stefan can help her with control."

"Wait, Stefan? Why not you?"

"Stefan is the one who brought me back when I turned my humanity off. He went off his diet and was able to control it enough to get himself back on track. He's the best one to do it."

"And he can help her?" Bonnie questioned.

"Yeah." I sighed, "He has to."

***

"I saw that!" I smiled, "You compelled her!"

"She deserved it." Caroline pouted, "She was kinda checking you out."

"I'm flattered by the jealousy, but no one deserves to have their minds messed with! How was hunting with Stefan today?"

"Uneventful." She rolled her eyes, "I am so on edge and I can't calm down! It's like I'm on crack!"

I laughed at her, "It's part of the transition. Every emotion, or thought... it's amplified. So, yeah, you pretty much are on crack!" I smiled, "Even a simple touch is different."

I smirked more as I slowly took a hold of her hand. I led her deep into the woods and I turned around to see a giant smile on her face. Her breath was quickening as she moved one of her hands to my neck and tightened her grasp. I smiled teasingly as I brushed her hair out of her face and placed a slow kiss onto her lips.

Caroline got more into it, the lust inside her began to show. Our kisses became more heated and my jacket was ripped off before she pushed my against a tree. As I kissed down her neck, I heard her breathing become even more rapid; but that wasn't the only thing I heard. A heartbeat. Someone else was out hear. A tree branch snapped, which caught Caroline's attention as well.

"Oh, I-uh. I'm sorry! I was just looking for Ty." Matt spoke shyly and quick, before stumbling to the ground.

I faint tint of blood filled the air. Matt must've cut himself. Caroline's eyes turned and she took a step towards him.

"Caroline, don't. It's Matt, and you don't want to hurt him. Push it back." I pleaded.

She locked eyes with me and they were full of lust. Without anymore hesitation, the hunger took over and she launched me back; causing a tree branch to impale my abdomen. I groaned in pain and helplessly watched as Caroline began to feed on Matt's arm.

I heard more movement, and I finally saw Stefan come to get Caroline off of Matt. He quickly pulled me off of my stake with worried eyes.

"We have to run, NOW!" He pleaded.

We ran as far as we could until we were near an abandoned car. I was panting as my wound was still trying to heal.

"I'm sorry!" Caroline cried, "I'm sorry, I am so sorry! I never wanted to hurt Matt. And I never wanted to hurt you!"

"Sh, sh." Stefan panicked, "Do you hear that?"

I tried to focus my hearing, and I heard the faint sound of growling. Before any of us could act, a giant wolf pinned Caroline to the ground. Her screaming was enough to get my ass in gear and I pushed the wolf off of her, standing between her and whatever it was.

"No!" a voice shouted. Tyler.

Somehow, someway, the wolf listened. It gave one final growl and ran off.

"Did that thing just listen to you?" I scoffed.

"Karson, that isn't the point!" Stefan sighed, "Werewolves are real, and they can kill us. We have to be careful."

"What're you talking about?" I asked, helping Caroline up from the ground.

"A werewolf bite is fatal to vampires."