3x11

"Bonnie Bennet." I questioned, "I didn't expect to see you."

"Yeah, well, could use a chat I guess." She sighed, taking a seat.

"I haven't seen you since...you know." I replied, pouring a drink , "Are you okay? How have you been."

"Uh... I'm actually looking for a favor."

I looked at her shocked, "Me? Able to help you? Gotta say I never would have expected that!"

She rolled her eyes, "Have you spoken to Elena or your brothers?"

"You mean since they daggered Rebekah? No, I haven't. Why?"

"Jeremy is leaving Mystic Falls. Elena thinks he can have a better life if he isn't here while Klaus and the hybrids are here." She replied, "She had Damon compel him to."

"I mean, do you think she's wrong?" I shrugged, "He's human. He could die."

"I want you to compel him to make his own choice. She took that away from him... that wasn't her choice to make." Bonnie snapped back.

I nodded in agreement, "I guess that's what makes us all awful then, right? We compel people?"

She sighed with apologetic eyes, "You all aren't awful."

"I'll talk to him." I replied, "If you really want him to remember... I'll compel him to stay."

"Thank you."

"But..." I added, "Decide in the morning. When he should be leaving... decide then if it is better he stays or goes."

"Why?" She questioned.

"I think a part of you agrees with them. That he would be much safer, and alive, if he wasn't here. I think a part of you wants him to go. So, go home. Think it over. And if you call me in the morning, I will rush over and compel him to remember."

"What're you gonna do in the meantime?"

I smirked, "I'm gonna see where the hell Rebekah has been."

***

"Alright, Klaus. I know you're here." I shouted, entering his home. "I know she's here."

"I was wondering when you would make your rounds." He smirked.

"Look, I have helped you. I have been loyal even when I have no idea why the hell I continue to tolerate you... So, where is she? Is she back in her coffin?"

"Indeed she is." He smiled, "And I just saved the other blonde's life?"

"Caroline?" I questioned, "What the hell did you do to Caroline?"

"Tyler bit her."

I raged, "You told him to, didn't you!? For what? So you can be the hero in someone's story?"

"She was just collateral damage." He stated, "What is it you came here for? Rebekah, or Caroline?"

"I have been helping you, Klaus. I have been your ONLY friend that you haven't had to compel. What was the point of all of this?"

"You just have a few more tests to pass before I truly accept you into my circle." He smirked, "Stefan being on the top of that list."

"What am I supposed to do with him?"

"He actually forced my hand tonight. I am calling off my hybrids so Elena stays human... he also still has the rest of my family hidden from me." He scoffed, "I want them back."

"That's a you and him problem, leave me out of it! I am not gonna babysit him."

"Wrong! That is exactly what you're going to do. You are going to find a way to convince him to return my family to me. If you can't, you're going to kill him." He smiled.

I shook my head and flipped one of the tables nearby. I was tired of the meaningless games that everyone continued to play. Both him and my brothers were in what seemed to be like a revolving door; going back and forth with who is stronger or thinks the fastest. I just sent him one final glare before heading towards the door.

"Oh, and Karson," He added, "Caroline is okay, by the way. Since you seemed to have forgotten to ask."