1x10

"So, where are you going?" Stefan asked Damon.

"I don't know yet... wherever my friends are." Damon smirked.

"As if you have friends!" I laughed, pouring a drink.

He smirked and snatched it from my hand, "You're right! I don't have friends... just you two. So, where are WE going?"

"WE aren't going anywhere." Stefan replied, "I don't want to be anywhere near you."

"Why do we have to leave anyway?"

"Uh oh, baby brother is taking a stand to Stefan? What changed?"

Before I could answer, there was a knock on the door. I opened it slowly, and froze. She was here to shoot me.

"Sheriff Forbes?" I gulped, "Please, come in."

"Is Damon here? I need to speak with him."

I made a face and turned to see Damon and Stefan waiting. Damon pulled her aside and talked in privately... they said it was to 'keep the kids out of this'. Whatever! Apparently, a vampire was here again. They had found a body drained of blood and left out, sloppy. Stefan looked to me at first, and I shook my head to tell him it wasn't me. It HAD to be Damon.

The sheriff left and once the door shut, I slammed him against the wall.

"What the hell did you do, Damon." I hissed.

"This wasn't me... I wouldn't have been so sloppy!" He defended.

For the first time, I believed him and released my grip.

"Anyway, it isn't our problem... we're leaving." Damon said.

"I can't leave now... you know that." Stefan sighed.

"Looks like we're staying." I added.

***

"Wait." I paused, "Logan... as in Logan Fell?"

Stefan and I exchanged looks and made our way into the hallway. We scanned both directions, and finally his eyes met ours. He put on a smile and sent us a wave before making his way to us.

"How do I become a day-walker?" Logan demanded.

"You can't." I informed, which wasn't entirely wrong.

"You know, I am pretty popular in this town. I could expose you all."

"You wanna know how to walk in the sun?" Stefan asked, "You can't. Now, NEVER threaten me again."

***

I made my way to Caroline's late at night. I was worried, and I needed to know she was okay. If Logan had turned her... I wanted to be able to help her. I knocked on the door, and again, the Sheriff stood in front of me.

"Karson? What are you doing here?" she questioned.

"Damon said Caroline might need a friend tonight..." I panicked, "Is she okay?"

"She's in her room... come on in." She smiled shyly, "I'm headed out."

I nodded and smiled as she made her way out the door. She turned to me before leaving.

"Hey, Karson." She started, smiling genuinely, "Thank you."

With that, she was gone. I made my way into her room and saw her sound asleep in her bed. I let out a sigh and took a seat beside her, watching her breathing. She was safe. I sighed again and moved a strand of hair out of her face.

"You always do that." She observed, turning to face me.

I let out a laugh, "I need to be able to see your face."

She let out a breath and took a hold of my hand, "Thank you."