2x08

"Does Matt remember anything?" Damon asked.

"No... they both were compelled by Katherine. So, we staged it as an accident." I scoffed.

"I don't see why! The guy is a total tool."

"Caroline seems to think he posses some redeemable qualities!" I smiled, giving her a teasing look.

"Look, Matt thinks he blacked out. And the whole werewolf road leads right to vampire boulevard. I thought I was thinking on my feet."

"Does he know anything? About us?" Damon pushed.

I shrugged, "I don't think he knows much about anything. He isn't really the brightest."

"Don't worry! I'll be sure to ask." Caroline sighed, "I felt kind of bad for him."

Damon sped over to her, grabbing onto her firmly, "No... Caroline. He can NOT know about us. A bite from him can kill any one of us. So don't be his friend... understand?"

I pushed him off, "Lay off... we get it. We're late for school."

***

"This has Katherine written all over it." Stefan paced.

"That's not possible though," I shrugged," She's in the tomb... right, Damon?"

"Yes... what are you trying to say?"

"I mean, you WERE a wee bit obsessed. For years. So, we would understand if you couldn't go through with it." I mocked with a smirk.

"She's in the tomb. Period. End of story." Damon defended, "But, there was one thing she said before I shut her in."

"What was it?" Stefan asked.

"The Elena was in danger."

"And you didn't think to ask her for more details?" I rolled my eyes.

"Everything she says is a lie! How was I supposed to know that she would spill out the truth."

"So, we need to ask Katherine for the truth." Stefan nodded.

"NO!" Damon and I shouted.

"You know how that will go? She will want to negotiate and get out!" Damon warned.

"I don't care!" Stefan shouted as he stormed off, "It's Elena."

I let out a breath and mumbled, "It's always Elena. Maybe she shouldn't get taken all the time!"

"Cute." Damon smirked. "Look, you stay around here. Keep an eye on blondie and wolf boy."

I nodded.

***

"Breaking and entering the sheriff's house?" I scoffed, "You've got some big ones, I'll give ya that."

"Keep dodging, it's okay. But, I know what you are. You're just like me." Tyler smirked.

"What we are? What are you talking about?" Caroline mocked.

"You can say it." He nodded, "You're a werewolf."

Caroline started to laugh, and all I could do was shake my head at the interaction. My laughter quickly stopped when Tyler pinned her to a wall and shouted. I reacted fast and yanked him off, throwing him across the room.

"We're not werewolves, alright?" I stated.

"Karson." Caroline sighed, "Just calm down."

"Are you kidding?"

"Maybe you should just go... I can handle this." She nodded.

"Yo-you're serious?" I scoffed, "You want me to go?"

"I can handle this."

I clenched my jaw and looked between the two of them, "Okay..."

I made my way to the door, taking one last look to Caroline before closing the door behind me.

***

"You guys are home?" I asked, taking a drink from Damon, "I take it Elena is home, safe?"

Stefan nodded, "She's at home with Jeremy."

"There's a curse... that if Elena is sacrificed it would break it." Damon broke the air, "On another note, why aren't you dog sitting?"

I shrugged and chugged down the drink, "She told me to leave."

"Ouch." Damon scrunched his brows.

"We can't do this, you know." Stefan spoke up, "We can't protect anyone if we're fighting each other."

"We'll protect everyone. Together." I nodded, and Damon agreed.

Stefan walked out of the room and I stopped Damon before leaving. I held up Elena's necklace to him and he stared at it confused.

"How?"

"A little birdie found me." I teased.

"And why are you giving it to me and not Stefan?"

"Because I think for once, you should be the good guy. Because I know you want to." I smirked, placing it in his hands, "Stefan won't ever have to know. Just once, be the good guy. Say the right thing."

Before hearing his reply, I gave his shoulder a quick squeeze and made my way out of the room. Leaving it up to him.