Season 2 Ep 12

"How's it look?" Rose sighed, sounding weak.

"It definitely looks... better. Right, you two?" Damon stated, giving us the 'look'.

We just froze, knowing it didn't look any better than before.

"Stefan is gone. You guys need to talk to him..." Elena pleaded.

"I'm actually with Stefan on this one." Damon shrugged.

I scrunched my brows, "Wow, who are you? But, I am actually team Stefan on this one, too. The more we can learn the better."

"Enough talking! Elena can play nurse today for a bit. She's a do-gooder, so it will be fine!" Damon mocked.

I pulled Damon aside, along with Elena, "Is that really a good idea?"

"Is she gonna die?" Elena asked, straight to the point.

"I think so, yeah." Damon sighed.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. People live and then they die." Damon scoffed. "Now, I gotta go!"

I let out a breath and looked back to Elena, "He is something else."

"Come on, Karson. You know he's just playing tough, right? He cares."

I shook my head, "He has never cared. Why would he start now?"

"Maybe because he has both of his brothers in his life again." 

"Or maybe because he found another girl that he loves and wants to protect." I stated, getting a shocked look in return. "It's never been about us, Elena. It's been about you... Anyway, you can handle this hear."

"Where are you gonna go?" Elena questioned.

"I am going to try to get my girlfriend back."

***

I watched from afar, seeing her and Tyler smile at each other. The way Caroline was looking at him was something new... not a way you'd look at a friend in my opinion. Finally, I had enough so I made my way over to her.

"Karson, hey!" Caroline smiled.

I gave a smirk in her direction and nodded at Tyler, implying he needed to leave; which he did.

"Look, I know what you think. There is nothing going on between Tyler and I, okay? I am just helping him. The same way you helped me when I turned! That's it!" She started.

I nodded my head, looking at the ground, "If there was something going on you would tell me, I know. You aren't really that subtle."

She let out a laugh and smiled at me, "So you trust me?"

"I just need to know what this is. What's going on here, Caroline? I have tried to help you AND Tyler twice now, and each time you have just shut me out. I don't like whatever this is, whatever we are right now."

"I don't know what you want me to say right now."

I shook my head and took a few steps away, "You've said enough."

"Karson!" She shouted after me, catching my attention, "I love you."

I just looked at her, "You love me?"

She nodded her head, tears filling her eyes.

"Then what's the issue!" I shouted, "If you love me, why ice me out any chance you can?"

"Because it scares the hell out of me, okay!? I don't want you to leave."

I let out a sigh, took her face into my hands, and pushed my lips onto hers. "Do you think I'm going anywhere?"