Season 4 Ep 15

"Hey! you're home!" Caroline smiled, rising to her feet.

I scoffed with a smirk, "She's been scrubbing at Kol's burn mark to get it out... she hasn't figured out that it ISNT going to work."

I locked eyes with Stefan as he entered the house, with Jeremy's body in his arms. Elena didn't even greet us, she just motioned for Stefan to follow her upstairs; taking Jeremy to his room. A few moments later, Stefan rejoined us in the kitchen. 

"He isn't going to wake up, is he?" I sighed, turning on the kitchen sink so Elena couldn't hear us.

"Elena is driven by emotions, we all know that. Right now she is in denial and is waiting for the ring to bring him back." Stefan informed.

Caroline nodded, "But, he is supernatural now. It won't work."

"I'm not in denial." Elena scoffed. "Didn't you see? His tattoo was gone. He wasn't a hunter anymore. I refuse to believe my brother is... dead."

We all exchanged looks as Elena made her way back upstairs. I shook my head and went outside. I wasn't sure if the others had noticed but the odor was becoming more potent. His body was beginning to decompose. I tried to push the thoughts out as I felt arms wrap around my waist. I smirked as I knew it was Caroline.

"I think I'm gonna head out. I am going to go get Dr. Fell and see if Matt can come by. I think the more friends she has right now is best."

I nodded, "Yeah, I think that's a good idea."

"Friends include you, you know that right?" She smirked, kissing my cheek, "I'm gonna go talk to my mom, too."

"Hate to say it but Damon should be here, too... Sire bond aside he cares about Elena. She cares about him too. Bonnie needs to be here. Everyone... should just be here."

She smiled at me and wrapped her arms around my neck as she placed a gentle kiss onto my lips, "Careful, Salvatore. You're going soft."

"I thought you LIKED when I got soft?"

"No," She shook her head, "I LOVE it."

***

"She's delusional." Damon scoffed, "The whole way home she was talking about how she is the one to bring down the veil."

"The veil? What does that even mean?" Stefan questioned.

I scrunched my face, "Veil, like the bridge to the other side?"

"The veil is what separates us, the living... from the other side, all supernatural beings who have ever died." Damon informed.

"So... She lowers the veil..." Stefan confirmed.

"Every supernatural creature that has ever walked the earth comes back."

"Bingo." Damon nodded, confirming it all. "This guy got in her head."

"We should go inside before they think something is up." I stated, heading back inside the house."

I stayed downstairs with Caroline and Stefan, while Damon and Elena were upstairs. It wasn't long until Elena came down with tears stained on her face. Damon followed behind her, placing Jeremy's lifeless body onto the couch.

She instantly was going into a downward spiral about how none of this was worth it. That we needed a cover story for his death. In a split second she was holding a lit match, and even the rest of us were worried.

"Elena, you're scaring me!" Caroline shouted.

"What're we supposed to do with the body, Caroline!" Elena shouted in response.

I sighed and took Caroline into my arms in an attempt to help. She was instantly gripping onto my and was unsure if she wanted to keep watching. Damon was quick enough to catch the match as it fell from her hand. It only caused Elena more stress before she fell to her knees.

"Damon..." Stefan sighed, "Help her."

Damon looked to the rest of us before kneeling down beside her, wrapping his arms around her. He spoke softly to her, asking her to allow him to help. For a moment, she stopped crying long enough to look up into his eyes.

"How?" She cried.

"Just..." He started, taking her face into his hands, "Just turn it off."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

I love and miss you all. Hope the update was okay!!

Couple things I am going to ask of you.... one might be easy for some of you. I just do not have the time to do it myself.

I am trying to map out the timelines of the originals and vamps. For example, what is happening in the originals while another thing is happening in vamps. I am asking for this because many of you are interested in seeing Karson go with Klaus to New Orleans. Now, I am not saying it will occur, but I am not saying it won't.

However, in order to decide if it does, I wanted to see the timelines to see when a good "entering spot" for Karson would be. If any of you would be interested in helping me figure this out, my DMs are always open to you.

Now, my next question may not interest all of you. But, I have been very into the Marvel/Avenger movies lately and it has me thinking of a fanfiction. How many of you would be interested in reading one?

Again, I always love hearing from you! Whether it be in the comments or in private messages! Keep it up :)