105. Longing

🔍 We lie to protect another lie

Lying may seem simple and harmless at first, but just like any addiction, you'll soon find yourself trapped and entangled more than you could have ever imagined.

ROZIE's POV

The emotional collapse I went through lasted for what felt like a lifetime. I absent-mindedly walked even further from the building. I stared blankly into space, leaving a trail from the pieces of my broken heart. I stopped abruptly when my senses came back to me.

I found myself in a garden full of daffodils, grape hyacinths, and freesias

I found myself in a garden full of daffodils, grape hyacinths, and freesias. The tulips and the roses took center stage, making the entire picture just breath-taking. It was such a sight to see but quite ironic, to be honest. I was surrounded by colors, everything was just full of life. The exact opposite of how I felt inside, dark and in a state of bleak, dismal emptiness.

I settled on one of the wooden benches lined up by the footwalk. The place was still within the hospital grounds but quite a distance from all the action. Besides a few people occasionally passing by, I had the entire garden to myself. It was quite serene to my relief. I needed it. I badly needed it. The conversation with Yoongi might have ended hours ago, but I can still hear his words deafening me.

"I can never unlove you, babe. Nothing can ever make me unlove you."

I closed my eyes, tasting the agony biting me hard again. I wish I was numb. I wish there was a way to make it all go.

"You like flowers?" A familiar voice came out of nowhere, almost startling me.

"Mrs, Jeon, I didn't see you there." She approached me, smiling. I don't know if she was my answered prayer or just another dose of suffering I so well deserve.

"No worries. I just saw you too. My vision is getting worse these days." She sat right next to me, the floral scent of her perfume overpowered the fragrance of all the flowers surrounding us. "It got all stuffy inside. I just needed to get out of there."

I quickly turned my social mode on. I was in no condition to carry out a decent conversation but I didn't have much of a choice. "Grandma Jeon has a lot of visitors. She must be happy up there."

"She lived a happy life. Hard but happy." Her eyes looked around, appreciating the beauty that's all around us.

"To answer your question by the way. Yes, I do. I like taking pictures of them." I hope she doesn't notice that my eyes just cried a waterfall.

"Oh, just like my Jungkook. You must have seen his short films, right?" The name again daunted me.

"Ye-yes, I did. They're awesome." Lie. Here I go again.

"I don't know where he got the talent from, you know. Sometimes I just ask myself if I actually gave birth to him." Her eyes glistened as she spoke dearly of her son.