20. Judgment day

SUGA'S POV

I arrived at BigHit a little after 8. I was running on my way in. People were staring at me with that look on their faces. Why are they making such a big fuss out of this? It wasn't a concert, it was a silly fan meeting that was almost done anyways.

I got into the elevator and straightened my clothes up. I was wearing the same thing I wore yesterday but I didn't have time to change anymore. To hell with it. I looked at my reflection on the door. Just keep your mouth shut and deal with it.

The board room came into view when the doors opened. Off with my head now.
One of the staff opened the door for me and Jin was the first one I saw, a stuck-up look on his face. Dodaeche mwoya? He mouthed as I stepped into the room.

"mian neuj-eoss no" I bowed my head low.

I grabbed the seat right in front of me and kept my head down. Any second now.

"Okay. Since everyone's here, let's start. Yesterday, we officially released the new merchandise for this season and I'd like to congratulate everyone for the huge success. Sales have shot up higher than we expected. The fan meeting..."

The mention of the fan meeting just stirred up my guts. I looked up at RM seated adjacent to me. He had his hand gently chopping his neck, a sorry look on his face.

"The fan meeting as well was swarmed with a great number of fans who lined up in broad daylight just to get their merchandise signed. Unfortunately, for some.."

Here it comes.

"Went home with only 6 signatures instead of 7. The last time I checked, Bangtan Sonyeondan was a septet. So can anyone please enlighten me what on earth just happened yesterday?"

Complete silence swept over the room.

"Yoongi."

I cringed.

"Can you tell us what exactly happened?" His voice was composed but a tinge of the anger was
evident in his tone. He's about to explode anytime.

"I left in the middle of the event."

"Wae?" His eyes were ready to swallow me. I instantly looked away.

"Something came up."

"Can't this 'something' wait until the end of the event?"

Well.... Don't answer it.

"I really apologize. I accept full accountability for what happened. That's gonna be the last time."

"It will be because you will no longer be a part of the group from now on." I looked at him in disbelief. The other members gasped around me.

"Professionalism is very important in this industry. Work always comes first. But if emergencies come up, at least have the decency of notifying your superiors! Never leave us hanging in mid air and just make us guess where in the thousands of places you could've possibly been to!"

"Your image has been the priority ever since you debuted. If you could remember, it was clearly explained to you the rules that you'll be living and breathing for the rest of your careers. People in this company have been working their asses off just to boost your reputation. But I guess someone might just have forgotten one of them. "

Pieces of paper were tossed into the table that landed in front of me.

"Now. Would you please explain those Min Yoongi?"

"Me?" Pointing to myself.

"Of course you. Is there anyone here with the same name??!!"

I flipped the first picture over and got struck with what I saw.

It was me. And Rozie.

Fuck.

One picture was of us holding hands. I still had my mask on here. But the other 2 pictures just gave it away. It was when the fireworks were up and I was hugging her from behind. I took my mask off while she was taking a video of us. And the last one was me kissing her on the forehead.

I wanna throw up. Who the fuck took these photos?? Fucking camera phones.

"Anything to say?"

I just shook my head. What is there to say anyway? It's all over the pictures.

"Secret dating, dating in general is never allowed for idols like you. I understand that you are also capable of feelings but you have to know your priorities here! RM how many years have you been a trainee?"

"4 years."

"Jin?"

"3 years."

"Jimin?

"4 years."

Okay. Okay. I get it. Just get over with it already.

"Yoongi?"

"2 years."

"See. You've worked years just to get yourself out there. And you're already there. You guys have been earning sick. There is no constant in this kind of industry which is why you always have to make the most out of it."

I was mocking him by mouthing the words as he spoke. We've heard the same line for years.

Jin kicked my foot under the table and shot me a look. I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Don't take your careers for granted just for some silly fling!"

Easy for you to say. I bet you haven't fucked anyone in the past 10 years.

"Yoongi. I expect a lot from you. You're one of the factors that have been holding this group together. Don't be the exact same reason why this group will fall apart."

His words just stabbed me on the chest. I looked at the members one by one. All of them had their eyes on the table. Each one has been pushing themselves to the limit. Endless hours of practice everyday. An hour or two of sleep. Eating in irregular times. Working even when we're suffering from illness. We fought countless times but we made sure we always looked out for each other. Brothers, that's what we are.

And I'm just selfish. I only thought of myself. I disregarded their thoughts and feelings. I let them save my ass when all I did was get them into trouble. A strong wave of guilt swept over me. I shouldn't have.

Her face suddenly flashed in front of me.

"Can we do it?" I remember her asking. That look on her face. I sighed.

I miss her already.

"We'll be okay, babe."

Will we be? Eotteoke?

To be continued...