9. Stay with me

SUGA'S POV

I walked into the restaurant and went straight to her table. I was trying to think of the most decent thing I could say as a conversation opener but my head just went blank. Her face now came into view. She was on her phone with her lips pursed together. I feel relieved by just the sight of her. It's like looking for someone who's been gone for so long and finally, she's right there in front of you.

I took a deep breath. Here goes.

"And I thought you were cutting some slack from sweets. That doesn't look like it." The best line I could come up with.

I know she heard me given the fact that she almost choked on the dessert she was having. But she didn't even lookup. It took a few more seconds and I decided to break the silence.

"Is this seat taken?"

She shook her head. Finally, she responded.

I got myself seated in front of her. She put her phone away and began crushing the ice with her spoon. What to say next? Should I do small talk? Do I go straight with apologizing? Do I act like nothing happened? What's the best excuse? Will she believe me?

"Uhmm. About yesterday... I.." I managed to blurt out but she instantly cut me off.

"It's alright. You don't have to explain yourself.."

"But I.."

"I said it's fine. No big deal." This girl is mad at me! If that bingsu was alive, she's totally killed it by now. Again and again. What a pity. She began putting mouthfuls into her mouth non-stop. She reminds me of Jin. That guy is an eating machine. He could put an entire steak into his mouth. What a pig he is.

I myself am a slow eater. I'm always the last one to finish the meal every single time it drives the managers crazy. It's my first time seeing a girl eat at this pace.

"Do you always eat like that?" She continued to munch on acting like she's deaf and all. So much for talking to thin air.

"Would you please look at me?" I'm starting to feel agitated. I never really liked being ignored. I'm the one who gets to ignore people-ladies to be more specific. I reached for her hand hoping my touch will do the trick.

And yes. It did. It always does. She looked into my eyes and saw how she really felt. She was hurt. Is this because of me? I tried to think of an excuse credible enough to make her believe.

"Look. I'm very sorry about yesterday. Something came up and.."

Yes, I know. It's the lamest excuse but heck, I can't think straight! She was looking at me like she's trying to communicate something but I just can't read her mind. I consider myself as someone who knows women very well. My words and actions would always lead them into giving me exactly what I wanted. But with her, it's different. I feel dizzy right now. I'm getting lost in her eyes.

Her phone suddenly rang. Piece of shit.

She looked at the window and saw her friends out there. People were swarming everywhere. Damn. If someone gets a snap of me, I'm toast.

"Your fans are coming from all over the place. Don't you think you should be somewhere else right now?" As if she could read my thoughts.

"Are you telling me to leave?" Like what the fuck did she just say? Yes. I should be somewhere else right now and yet I chose to be here. With her! Even if I know my manager would grill my guts once he gets a hold of me. Even if it's too big of a risk to be sitting here with her by this big ass window with all those people outside, yes I'm still seated! Even if I have every God damn reason not to show up and just forget I've ever met her, I still chose to stay here and make it up to her! I can't believe I'm doing this! This is so not me! Can't she just see the effort that I'm putting on here? Ladies would die to have this opportunity.

"Sorry but I have to go." What??!!

She quickly grabbed her stuff and stood up. Oh no. You ain't leaving me here. I got a hold of her wrist and held on to it.

"Don't go just yet. We need to talk." I can't believe I'm actually begging her to stay. Isn't this supposed to be the other way around??

"Look. If this is still about yesterday, don't worry about it. I wasn't really expecting you to show up anyways. I mean, you're busy and stuff. Totally got it. "

I can feel my phone vibrating in my pocket like crazy.

"I need to go. My friends are waiting for me." She tried to wriggle herself away from my grip but I didn't let her go.

"Stay with me," I swear if I could just punch myself right now I would. What the fuck am I saying? Just freaking let her go. She's not worth it. You could be with tons of girls who won't give you such a hard time. Lose the grip! But my hand seemed to hold on even tighter. My mind and body coordination surely are shitty right now.

"Are you asking me to ditch my friends?" Pfft. Why can't you be like the others? Refuse me one more time and you'd get a dose of me.

"Yes." She seemed surprised by my quick response. "You've spent almost 2 weeks with them in Seoul and would still be seeing each other every day when you get home. But for us, we only have today."

'US.' is one of the magic words I always use. Really works every time.

My words seemed to have gotten sense into her.

"Come on. I want to make it up to you. Just give me a chance." Just freaking say yes already!

"So are you coming with me or not?" I tried to not sound demanding but I was itching to get out of this place.

"Okay." She said in a very small voice I almost didn't hear it.

Finally! I instantly let go of her wrist and flashed my famous gummy smile. This drives the girls crazy. Piece of cake.

"Let's go then." I wore my cap low enough it covered my eyes and wore the mask I snatched from the table earlier. I took her hand and hurriedly left.

To be continued...