109. No regrets

JK's POV

"I think we should head inside now." she sweetly said, ending the brief but beautiful moment we just shared.

I nodded and smiled as she pulled me towards the entrance with her hand still in mine.

The doorman appeared to be appalled at the sight of us drenched from the rain. He was still able to mention his greetings though and open the glass door for us. However, the enthusiasm in his voice that didn't match the look on his face was very hard to miss.

On our way to the elevator, almost everyone turned in our direction. Our clothes dripped all over the well-polished marble floor, our shoes squishing with every step we took. We bumped into the hotel manager who didn't seem to be pleased with the mess we made. His eyes scanned our soaked clothes and the traces of mud from our footsteps behind us.

"By any chance, do you need some towels, sir?" I almost chuckled.

"No, not at all. We can manage. We're on our way back to our room anyway."

"Very well then." He politely smiled and bowed at us. I'm sure he would be very much willing to mummify us both with bedsheets if he gets the chance.

"Thanks, Alex." adding a personal touch to my appreciation considering the headache we'd cause him. I gave him a pat on the shoulder before getting out of his way, leaving damp marks of my fingers on his perfectly ironed suit. I caught his distressed expression from the corner of my eye and it just made my day. Rozie even failed to suppress a giggle.

The lift was empty when we got to it. I quickly pressed the button before Alex decided to send a mop along with us. Two seconds before the door closed, a lady hit the button from the other side, opening the doorway for her to step in. But as soon as she saw the puddles on our feet, her red stilettos took a couple of steps back.

"I'll take the next one." She courteously bobbed her head before shifting her eyes to her phone.

Silence took over as the doors completely shut before us. Rozie shifted her weight from one foot to the other, her shoes produced a sloshing sound as she moved. The pool of rainwater underneath our feet almost covered the elevator floor. Both of us burst out laughing at the ruckus we made.

______

The lift opened to our floor in no time. We collided as we took the first step on our way out, pushing her over to her side of the doorway.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to." I worriedly said as my hands steadied her up. Wow, she's a lightweight. I bet I could... I stopped myself before my creative mind got too far.

"No worries. It's just... You're .. huge. " Her hands emphasized the last word she said. She avoided my eyes when she seemed to catch the same thought I had in mind. "'Which way was it again?" Her attempt to clear the slight awkwardness off the air.

"To the right."

"I see..."

______

We started to head towards our room, quite nostalgic as we did the same thing not too long ago. We were walking side by side this time around, each one slowing down, adjusting to the pace of the other. Our hands would every so often bump against each other, intentionally at least on my end.

As we trudged the red-carpeted floor, both of us would steal glances at one another. I love the feel of her eyes on me and I was trying hard not to give myself away too much. But during the very few times that our eyes met, we'd both be shy all of a sudden, looking away almost instantly with a stupid smile on our faces. It was just like the feeling you had when your crush catches you looking back in high school. Heart-fluttering, butterflies-in-your-stomach moments you'd enjoy alone or with the company of teasing friends.