44. 100

The opinion maker.

In this stage, both of you create opinions about each other. As the months pass by, both of you know what to expect from each other, and you make an assumption about your partner's commitment towards the relationship.

When these opinions and expectations about your partner differ now and then in real life, it can either leave you ecstatic or depressed.

You don't expect your man to buy you flowers, but he does. You feel ecstatic. At the same time, you expect him to pick you up from the airport on time. But he arrives an hour later because he forgot all about picking you up. It depresses you.

___________________________________________

SUGA'S POV

Because of the recent argument, I've been making it up to her since. Having no expertise in being boyfriend material, I tried to surf the web for a couple of tips. It did cross my mind though that the easiest way to go is to ask for some advice from the members...

The first one I came up to was Jhope. He was the only one of us who has experienced having a long-term relationship. Too bad the girl ditched him for some other guy.

Luckily, he was inside his studio, a great opportunity to talk to him alone.

"Oh? It's you." Looking so surprised at me showing up at his door. "What?"

"Won't you welcome me inside?"

"I'm working on something. What is it?"

"I heard your new speakers came in this morning."

"Oh yeah. It's such a good buy. Come in. Come in."

He bragged about it for quite too long, I wasn't even listening. I know top-of-the-line music equipment when I see it and what he has is way off the list.

"You're not here for the speakers aren't you.." he seemed to notice my disinterest as my eyes wandered around.

"Of course I am. I was just thinking how grand you are in buying things for yourself. Did you ever buy gifts for your girlfriend before?"

"Huh?"

"I mean..were you the giving type? Surprise and stuff?"

He gave me a look like I said something unbecoming. I kept my face straight and pretended not to be affected.

"Well..." he twisted his seat around and sat. "I did give her gifts. Especially on the first hundredth."

"Hundredth what?"

"First 100 days of being official. Girls are big on that. So guys are expected to put on some effort."

"Really?" I thought Valentines was all that matters.

"Didn't you? back in high school?"

I shook my head.

"So what exactly do you give?" I suddenly realized how curious my face could have been. I quickly changed my expression.

"You can never go wrong with flowers.. and..." he eyed me suspiciously. "are you dating?"

"Me? You know I don't dig dating. I barely even get enough sleep." I laughed nervously. I have to get out of here before he asks more questions. My answer didn't seem to convince him.

"Got to go." I pulled the door open and stopped midway. "Before I forget, you should have asked me first before you bought that crap. It's a waste of money." I knew he was about to argue with me so I quickly shut the door.