33. The Awards Night

SUGA'S POV

The past two months have been very busy for all of us; for everyone in the Kpop industry actually. Various award-giving bodies organize ceremonies to recognize those who have met their pre-established categories and to celebrate the booming world of KPop itself.

We've been traveling from one country to another since each event has a different host.

Different countries. Different crowd. Different performances. But the same set of awards.

We've been very blessed this year to receive numerous recognitions and of course, take home the grand prize for each event.

We'll be attending the last one for the year 2017. GDA will be held in Manila, Philippines. This is gonna be our second time to be in the country. The first one was for our summer special back in 2015.

All I can remember was the heat; intense heat. I never liked sweating and tanned lines and skin have never been appealing to me so I wasn't planning on revisiting them. But it's quite different this time around. I have something to look forward to. Someone to be exact.

I've been having all these mixed up emotions since we left Japan. I'm not nervous about the performance nor coming up on stage for the awards. If there is one thing I rid myself of ever since I joined the biz, it's actually being timid.

I don't know where exactly to find her. What do I do if I see her? Would I see her at all? Will she be there to watch us? Does she even know we're coming? All the feelings I thought I've lost just made their comeback.

Just shake it off. You're here for work and not for anything else!
___________________________________________

Day 1 went by like a breeze. We stayed in the hotel and spent half of the day sleeping because of jetlag. The other half was for interviews and photoshoots and of course, the event itself.

Watching the same set of people perform the same set of songs bore me to death. There wasn't any thrill since we already know what to expect. But we still have to appear like we've seen it for the first time.

V always dances to girl group performances while Jungkook on the other hand seemed to know the lyrics to every song. Jimin and Jin would always act silly on camera while RM plans on the speech he has to make on behalf of the group. Jhope and I are left to talk about anything that comes to mind.

Tonight ends all that we have worked for this year and begins another one for a new album, comebacks, and tours. Work never stops and that's something to be thankful for. Other groups are unlucky enough to rise to fame for just one or two songs and have their careers end right after. It's a pity but not all really survive in this kind of industry where competition is skin tight.

We're set to perform 4 songs for this event, the maximum number given for an artist. We rehearsed for hours just to make sure we give the fans a performance that's worth their money and time. We took note of which cameras to look at and how big exactly the stage is.
___________________________________________

We reached the part of the event when the Daesang award is to be given away. Of course, we already know we're taking the trophy home but we still need to act a little bit surprised though just for production's sake. RM was running through his speech as he was the most experienced in talking on stage.

"Daesang award goes to...

Bangtan Sonyeondan."

A round of applause filled the entire dome as we made our way up the stage. Other groups stood up to give respect and congratulations.