107. The Storm

***I recommend reading this chapter with this playing in the background. The feels... 💜💜💜

__________________________________________________________

ROZIE's POV

"Around six in the evening today, Thunderstorm Lupit is predicted to land on Busan before presumably passing further northward the northern coast of Japan the next morning. As of 4 in the afternoon, Lupit's central pressure stood at 992 hectopascals, and it is estimated to pick up further force when it hits the inland areas of Busan and Ulsan. South Korea in general, may not come under the direct influence of Lupit, which originated in the sea south of China's city of Shantou, but strong winds and heavy rainfall are likely to hit the country as the storm moves. The maximum instantaneous wind speed could go up to 20 meters per second tonight and a strong wind warning in some parts of Gangwon Province is highly likely later in the day." the news anchor announced.

I switched the TV off and walked towards the tall windows to my right. I pushed the curtains lightly to get a clearer view of the weather and indeed, the clouds grew darker by the second.

The hotel room has a fabulous sight of the Haeundae beach

The hotel room has a fabulous sight of the Haeundae beach. From where I was, I could almost count all the buildings surrounding the shoreline. It would've been perfect if this was a sunny day. Natives and tourists alike would still be laid on their beach mats by now. enjoying the panorama of the entire coastline. They'd be sipping on their favorite tropical smoothie while occasionally breaking into a smile at the picture of parents chasing after their kids and pets nearby.

But all I see now are just a series of turbulent waves chasing after one another under the dark, angry billow of clouds above. The layers of white cotton candy this morning have now turned into pitch-black, featureless blankets that were thick enough to block out any sign of the sun from the background.

In a blink of an eye, the dismal heavens started pouring their wrath all over the stretch of the ocean. Even through the thick glass windows, the sound of the heavy rainfall echoed in the room. The sudden struck of lightning made me shudder to the bone. I can hear its enraged curse as it repeatedly hits the stormy waters making them grow even wilder before my eyes.

I wonder how long these clouds held it all in before finally feeling the need to break down. It must have been so hard to keep it all suppressed inside, bearing the burden while you strive to keep it all together.

But the jet black skies showed no mercy to the sea underneath. It just bolted its fury away, blow-by-blow rampaging the deep ocean without really caring what the aftermath will be. All it cared about was getting everything off its chest.

Selfish.

Cold.

Detached.

Just like how I was with him.

"Fine! I don't wanna be here! I don't wanna be with you! I wish I never came! There! Happy now?!" I winced at the memory. I couldn't even recognize the person who said those words out loud.